Flowserve Corporation On-Site Applications Engineer in Angleton, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a hands-on mechanical engineer who will work at our customer’s chemical processing plant in Pasadena, Texas. The engineer provides immediate technical expertise regarding application, installation and operation of our rotating pumps, mechanical seals and supporting equipment. In this challenging position, the engineer is actively engaged in real-time troubleshooting of problems and implementing solutions. The engineer is the extension of the local Flowserve team, ensuring that our engineering and manufacturing resources, products, and services are available to our customers.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Monitor and evaluate the status of the customer's rotating equipment
• Troubleshoot technical problems and provide immediate recommendations for our customers
• Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical analyses resulting in independent evaluation, such as detailed failure analysis reports, product performance reports, recommendations for upgrades, repair/buy decisions, etc.
• Know the customer’s needs. Act as liaison between customers, and Flowserve’s sales, customer service, and manufacturing organizations so that together we provide the highest level of customer service
• Leverage and coordinate the timely insertion of Company resources for more complex solutions
• Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring the content and style to the audience.
• Help organize and ensure “Bad Actor” meetings to maintain visibility on equipment performance.
• Provide technical guidance about successful installation and operation of our products, ensuring that standardized installation procedures are followed.
• Maintain data regarding customer equipment and parts inventories, responding with appropriate actions regarding inventory reduction and consolidation.
• Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, organized files.
• BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree required.
• 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Solid knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of rotating equipment (pumps, seals, and valves), with a good understanding of fluid dynamics
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive company image.
• Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work constructively with customers and co-workers.
• Able to work independently, demonstrating initiative and good judgment, and accomplishing tasks on schedule
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• CAD literate, and able to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Must wear personal protective equipment as required at customer sites
• Some physical activity required (e.g., light lifting, moving in and around equipment, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases).
• In-plant operations experience highly desired
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 15%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 36059BR