Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler in Angleton, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Repair Process Accountabilities
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of all tear down, inspection, assembly and testing equipment functions and servicing. Able to perform preventive maintenance as assigned.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the process flow of parts and assemblies through the repair process.
• Fully understands and implements all data entry systems and processes. Thorough understanding of all tools, techniques and procedures required to accomplish the repair and assembly of a seal with minimal supervision. Capable of gaining access to drawings on Flowserve data systems.
• Displays a thorough understanding of the QRC Scorecard. Ensures that individual performance supports the QRC’s efforts at maintaining performance standards in the areas of safety, cycle time, on time performance, direct labor hours, and overtime $/day.
Technical Skill Accountabilities
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of repair tooling applications and servicing. Works closely with other Precision Assemblers to provide technical assistance to tooling related issues.
• Capable of performing to established standards with minimal training and supervision.
• Displays advanced product knowledge of basic component seals, basic cartridge seals, bellows seals, and spring seals to include but not limited to QB, Uniseal series, BR series, GW series and ISC. Has specific skills in the areas of graphite gaskets, solid PTFE gaskets, U-cups, spring energized tec-rings, electro-polished parts, heat shrink processes static air testing and hydro-testing.
Communication Skill Accountabilities
• Demonstrates an advanced ability to communicate daily repair workload, when new repairs are received in, and resolve incomplete paperwork issues with Customer Service. Professionally and effectively advises both internal and external customers on the current status of particular jobs, provides advice and is able to assist in trouble-shooting any problems that may arise in the repair and assembly of a job with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates an advanced ability to communicate all repair processes to peers and supervisors. Capable of communicating suspected equipment or tool failure in a timely manner.
Quality Assurance Accountabilities
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of inspection equipment, their functions and uses in order to ensure that all parts and assemblies are within specifications on the prints. Capable of identifying and utilizing approved gauging methods to measure for fit and/or function for any parts with tolerances of .002 or less and utilizing proper measuring devices in order to determine free-length and load with immediate supervision.
• Supports and participates in CIP processes. Takes on an active role in at least one CIP from start to finish.
• Actively participates in the Artisan Program. Maintains Certified Artisan stamp. Capable of conducting “As Found/Condition” reports with no immediate supervision. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of ISO procedures and uses them to better manage work processes and identify problems.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of complex ergonomic issues in the workplace and able to perform detailed analysis to resolve them. Able to evaluate complex workplace injuries and provide resolution to them. Monitors reported injuries and recommends improvements to reduce injuries. Has thorough understanding of regulatory compliance in order to be aware of accident prevention. Actively participates and completes all company sponsored training venues as scheduled.
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of MSDS and how to locate them. Capable of identifying PPE as related to one’s job, and what application it is used for.
• Consistently demonstrates the basic ability to clean up after self. Picks up trash and debris and dispose of it properly, or places it where it will not pose a hazard to others.
• Keeps work area clean throughout the day. Stacks materials and supplies orderly and secures them so they don't topple. Disposes of combustibles and flammables properly. Follows all planned housekeeping schedules communicated by the Lead.
This schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
• Must have 2-3 years of mechanical assembly/disassembly experience
• Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 30 lbs. with occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work overtime and weekends as required for customer demand
• Able to read and interpret blueprints
• Demonstrated track record of reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship
• Must show a customer-service mindset at all times
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35488BR