Flowserve Corporation Inspector in Bangalore, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Education and Experience:
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years manufacturing operation or related experience (i.e. trade school, apprentice school training, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to use hand precision measuring instruments, micrometres, callipers, depth gauges, and other precision instruments.
• Capable of calculating basic mathematical functions including computation of rate, ratio, percept and understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) concepts.
• Capable of reading and interpreting mechanical machining, casting, fabrication and assembly drawings,
• Demonstrated ability to read purchase orders, parts lists and material specifications, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate in verbal/written English
• Supplier quality experience in mechanical industries that have similar manufacturing technologies used in the Pump, Controls, and Seal industries
• Experienced and knowledge of foundry, machining or fabrication operations
• Independent and self-starter; ability to take ownership with minimal direction
• Ability to travel 40-50%
Inspector lvl 2
Good communication skill
Good Team player
• Drive conformity to operational purchase order requirements with assigned supply base.
• Assist supplier development with executing APQP/PPAP, implementing quality control plans, special reports, utilization of supplier development tools and processes as directed, and other special assignments to support quality improvement.
• Provide training resource to supply base in inspection techniques, use of measuring equipment and product quality requirements
• Perform product/part inspection, documenting disposition of specified requirements, and assist in accurately appraising and verifying correct product/part disposition.
• Perform first article inspections (all dimensions on drawing) of product as requested.
• Perform any required dimensional inspections as directed.
• Coach and train supplier personnel on performing self-inspection.
• Perform root cause analysis on quality issues; make recommendations on changes to work and quality standards.
• Assist operational Quality Engineer or Supplier development manager in developing inspection plans.
• Perform supplier sources inspection, conduct supplier manufacturing process audits.
• Provide supplier surveillance when required to support capacity planning, production scheduling and expediting.
• Must be willing to work in a results oriented, fast paced environment with minimal supervision
Job Posting Category Supply Chain
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 50%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Req ID 35082BR