Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer in Barcelona, Venezuela
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
OE Sales Engineer Contractor for Venezuela, responsible for product positioning and sales to both business and technical users within engineering and contractor firms in Venezuela, also with direct responsibility for end user project sales in the region.
In charge of identifying all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Also establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the sales force and the end-user throughout the sales cycle.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree preferred.
• Over 5 years of relevant technical sales experience is preferred, all career levels will be considered
• Knowledge of the design and operational requirements of turbo machinery, especially pumps, mechanical seals, and related equipment required.
• Industrial sales experience with a track record of self-initiated, sustained sales success highly desired.
• Training in sales techniques, negotiations, and business finance preferred.
• Must communicate with positive impact. Project a strong customer focus. Must be skilled at product demonstrations, presentations, and business writing.
• Must be computer savvy by using available technologies to manage daily activities. Strong Microsoft Office skills needed including the ability to manipulate complex spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation softwares.
• Demonstrated financial acumen to discuss business decisions, especially return on investment in support of solution selling
• English fluent preferred.
• Experience solving problems in a group setting, and able to resolve conflict proactively and collaboratively. Able to lead a root cause failure analysis and communicate results.
• Demonstrated skills in leading meetings, including setting agendas, preparing, facilitating discussions, and assigning follow-up activities.
• Track record of success as a flexible multi-tasker with good follow-through to meet urgent deadlines with little or no supervision.
• Able to travel locally and overnight within the state approximately 60%
Maintain regular, planned communication with key customers in the territory. Make direct, in-person sales calls. Respond quickly and thoroughly to customers’ inquiries.
• Achieve sales objectives, including bookings and growth.
• Develop and implement marketing plans aligned with regional sales objectives to support larger organizational goals. Prepare quarterly updates on progress to yearly objectives.
• Stay engaged and informed about customers’ key projects. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs and wants of the customer and Flowserve so as to establish win-win relationships that support negotiations.
• Provide value to customers with industry intelligence, financial understanding, technical expertise and a deep knowledge our Flowserve’s products and services. Proactively engage with customers in discussions to resolve their technical challenges.
• Inform customers about the quality and features of our products, and our Life Cycle Advantage program, through the full use of the company’s marketing materials. Train customers in the features and uses of our products.
• Utilize knowledge of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses to leverage the value of Flowserve’s products and services.
• Maintain organized records. Prepare regular reports as required regarding customer contacts, quotes, status, actuals, expenses, etc.
• Have a Customer First attitude that permeates the organization. Be the advocate for the customer within Flowserve, collaborating with application engineers, customer service, and manufacturing to ensure that we are meeting the customers’ needs, resolving corrective actions, and fulfilling our commitments in our Life Cycle Advantage agreements.
• Convey a sense of contagious passion for Flowserve and our products, and inspire confidence in the vision and strategic direction of the company.
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 70%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 35572BR