Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a member of a Flowserve Quick Repair Center in Baton Rouge, LA you will machine metal parts and components to repair seals used in industrial settings, such as refineries and factories. Analyze specifications, set up machines, operate, and maintain machines. Verify quality of finished work with precision measurement tools. Collaborate with engineers and machinists to evaluate needs, troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions. This is a 2nd Shift positon: 2PM—12:30AM Monday - Thursday
• 2-5 years machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment operating manual engine lathes, milling machines, and CNC lathes, mills.
• Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges
• Produce Parts from Engineering Drawings or Prints.
• ESPRIT CAD/CAM experience a plus.
• Forklift certification a plus.
• Must communicate clearly, understand instructions, and read instructions in English
• Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice
• Able to travel to other local Flowserve sites or customer locations, as required
• Demonstrated track record of reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship
• Must show a customer-service mindset at all times
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
• Machine low tolerance parts utilizing all standard machines including manual lathe, manual milling machine, CNC lathe and CNC mill.
• Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap and rework.
• Verify the quality of finished work, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship
• Maintain a safe workplace by wearing PPE, following procedures and rules, and completing training
• Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace
• Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment
• Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress
• Focus on improvement by participating in continuous improvement team activities
• Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems or in manual logs
• Apply in-depth understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the repair or manufacturing process
• Apply good understanding of tooling design concepts and their uses
• Apply knowledge of equipment applications in the manufacturing process
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 36108BR