Flowserve Corporation Planner in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Planner's primary function involves planning and scheduling to execute the production plan and meet customer deliveries. The department reviews quoted price, bills of material, and determines the most profitable way of fulfilling demands to prepare products for production.
The associate assists in the quotation process, creates work orders, and assists purchasing in ordering materials. Planners will engage in all aspects of QRC planning including new valves, parts, repair, automation, and field services.
The planning department coordinates with marketing, engineering, purchasing, sales, and manufacturing to ensure all customer expectations are met. This planner will deal with a variety of products both locally engineered and internationally.
The Planner will engage in inventory stocking decisions, make/buy set ups and Oracle MRP.
The Planner's daily tasks include, but not limited to:
• Job creation, cancellation, and reschedule accounting for material and capacity on a daily basis
• Communicate with internal/external customers daily with regard to order status and expedite requests.
• Provide realistic schedule for valve release within production window
• Ensure work orders are released and sent to the shop on a daily basis
• Review inventory levels for increasing turns and put forth processes to reduce slow-moving inventory
• Review, create and release orders and valve packets to meet customer deliveries.
• Process BOM changes for orders in production
• On a daily basis, recognize and change make/buy decisions to reduce lead times and increase profit.
• Work with factory daily to become an expert within the product and its manufacturing process.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Working MRP knowledge with Oracle, Sap, and or Great Plains
• MS Office Applications Experience
• Ability to present effective information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the company.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must be willing to work overtime hours, especially during plant outages and scheduled turnarounds on weekends & holidays as required.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere
• A Background in Industrial manufacturing.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Distribution or equivalent
• Experience in control valves, valve automation, and instrumentation.
• Oracle Experience
• Strong Organizational skills and Detail Oriented
• Understanding of the CIP process
• Working MRP Knowledge
• Microsoft Office Applications Experience (i.e.: Excel, Word, etc.)
• Understanding of Interdepartmental Interactions
• Knowledge of Applicable Flowserve Parts and Valves
• Understanding of the Manufacturing and Assembling of Parts and Valves
• Knowledge of the Flow of the Materials throughout the Shop
Job Posting Category Logistics
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35094BR