Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer - Gulf Coast/Louisiana in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
A Sales Engineer / Area Sales Manager is responsible for introducing, promoting and selling the Flowserve Flow Control Division valve and automation products to existing customers and to develop new customer accounts in order to achieve or exceed established sales goals. All Sales Engineers/ASMs are also responsible for profit and expense control for their assigned territory. You will be allowed to manage the territory as if it were your own business, with certain guidelines and monitoring. This is a Field Sales position with significant amounts of Sales Channel, End User and fellow Flowserve employee interaction. Up to 50% travel is required.
College degree or equivalent in a technical/engineering discipline or marketing/business management preferred.
· Introduce, promote and sell the Flowserve Process Valves and Automation products to achieve or exceed sales goals.
· Maintain existing accounts and penetrate new accounts by developing Flowserve’s service, pricing and
product performance credibility.
· Prepare and submit all required reports and sales related paperwork accurately and on time.
· Support recruitment and management of distributors as needed to expand sales of Flowserve Process Valve products.
· Provide management with marketing data, product applications and any other information that may
influence Flowserve’s competitive position.
· Sales Engineers are expected to develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Customer’s
mechanical and chemical processes, as well as technical knowledge of Flowserve’s products and
· Sales Engineers are expected to maintain a professional appearance and disposition at all times in
performance of their duties on behalf of the company.
8-10 years’ of industrial sales experience required. Entry level experience within the valve industry will be considered based on prior education and work experience.
· Ability to work independently to achieve or exceed established goals with minimal direct supervision.
· Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally to a broad audience. Public speaking
experience is preferred.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Computer capable with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 50%
Remote Worker Yes
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35123BR