Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a Commercial Operations Application Engineer in the Aftermarket Services & Solutions (AMSS) organization, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the support of our end-user sales team and their customers. The customers are domestic and/or multi-national corporations that purchase parts, repairs, upgrades and engineering services for their existing pumping equipment. The customers include but are not limited to Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Water Resources companies - both private and government owned. This role involves all customer facing activities related to the order acquisition process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders. Some overnight and international travel may be required. This position reports to the Commercial Operations Manager for the Northeast North America Sub-Region.
- BSME degree or equivalent, relevant industry experience
- Co-op or Intern experience as an Applications Engineer with
an industrial equipment manufacturer is a plus.
Previous experience with rotating equipment is a plus.
Experience in a working style which is team oriented and
values communication, participation and involvement of others.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as proven leadership
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with
- Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as
strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Some travel may be required.
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with Sales, Operations, and other functional stakeholders to promote the best interests of the company
• Prepare on-time, high quality proposals based on specifications, market level pricing, factory costs, and sales strategy
• Review all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant technical and commercial requirements.
• Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of pump affinity laws and how these relate to pumps and systems
• Develop a clear understanding of life cycle cost principles and the ability to create value added proposals that differentiate Flowserve product offerings against traditional first cost approach.
• Lead all coordination efforts on applicable aftermarket proposals while ensuring close collaboration and communication with all applicable stakeholders
• Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated workload management tool, while ensuring proposal hit-rate is optimized.
• Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components, labor estimates and quotations related to aftermarket requests.
• Send a complete, clean Order Transfer File to the appropriate Flowserve business unit when a purchase order is awarded to the company
• Follow all current procedures and policies related to the order acquisition process
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35433BR