Flowserve Corporation Manual Machinist in Charlotte, North Carolina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Machine pump parts at expert level utilizing all standard machines especially manual engine lathe, milling machine, horizontal boring machine and vertical turret lathes.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and comply with Flowserve’s Safety, Health, and Environmental standards.
• Primarily support machining activities at the Charlotte service center.
• Collateral duties include other non-machining pump repair activities in Charlotte, and limited travel to support machining at off-site locations.
• 6+ years prior machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Demonstrated ability to set up and operate manual machining equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blue prints, geometric tolerances, and finishes during the application of machining and/or repairing customer property and manufacturing parts.
• Demonstrated ability to use hand tools and cranes.
• Ability to apply and interpret precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with others (including peers, other facility personnel, supporting vendors, and customers as required).
• Demonstrated ability to read and use procedures during manufacturing processes.
• Demonstrate the ability to operate and maintain forklift certifications.
• Must be able to work overtime or weekend work to meet production and customer related goals.
• Must travel to other Flowserve sites or customer locations, as required.
General knowledge of pumps and pump function a plus.
Knowledge of CNC Operation or Programming a plus.
Additional education or experience is a plus.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 10%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35435BR