Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler in Charlotte, North Carolina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and comply with Flowserve applicable Safety, Health and Environment standards, policy, rules and procedures. Secure and lock out equipment when required.
· Responsible for assembly/disassembly of pumps and rotating assemblies using standard operating procedures and prints. Will work with rotating assemblies engineered with extremely close tolerances.
· Ensure that proper housekeeping is done within the workstation.
· Perform preventative maintenance on machinery, as required.
· Communicate professionally with all levels of personnel within the Flowserve facility.
· Participate and contribute to continuous improvement activities within the facility.
· Perform similar duties in a radiologically controlled environment during the manufacturing and repair process in the hot shops.
· Demonstrated experience in manufacturing environment with a strong mechanical and machining aptitude.
· Demonstrated ability to assemble/disassemble pumps and rotating assemblies using standard operating procedures and prints. Able to work with rotating assemblies engineered with extremely close tolerances.
· Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, method specifications, and utilize basic machine shop mathematics (geometric tolerances).
· Ability to apply and interpret precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gages.
· Demonstrated ability to use hand tools which may include various wrenches (manual, electric or air), torque wrenches, hoists, scissor tables, and pumps testing equipment to ensure all products and purchase orders meets quality requirements.
· Ability to provide and receive on the job training. · Ability to meet production goals and obligations.
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft and data base applications).
· Demonstrated ability to safely operate and maintain forklift certifications.
· Ability to adhere to and maintain quality work practices, qualifications, and procedures.
Travel/Hours: · Willing to travel to hot shops or customer location as required (less than 10% expected).
· Overtime is expected to meet normal production goals and as required for urgent customer response/repairs.
· Preferred associates degree with engineering background.
· Experience can substitute for education.
· Machining and welding background certifications, a plus.
· Previous Quality Program experience or certifications preferred.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 10%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35437BR