Flowserve Corporation Financial Analyst in Cookeville, Tennessee
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position would support the Controller's effort to ensure that all financial data is accurate, complete and submitted in accordance with GAAP and Flowserve's policies and timeframes.
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CMA/CPA certificate desirable
· 2+ years of accounting experience in either manufacturing and/or manufacturing audit environments preferred but not required
· Must exhibit qualities including but not limited to honesty, candor, decisiveness and initiative.
· Strong computer skills in MS platforms including Access skills; knowledge of Oracle a plus.
· Must possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Overtime and travel are required
· Travel less than 10%
· Support Controller’s efforts to ensure compliance with Flowserve policies, US GAAP, SOX and local statutory laws and regulations and that business is conducted within Flowserve’s ethical code of business conduct.
· Support Controller’s effort to ensure that all financial data is accurate, complete and submitted in accordance with GAAP and Flowserve's policies and timeframes
· Support Controller’s effort to maintain an adequate system of internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected and results are properly reported. Assist in coordinating quarterly self-assessments and periodic tests and ensure that there are no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in controls that would require reporting under the Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
· Oversee the CVO and PMV-US fixed asset process, including monthly monitoring of fixed asset accounts and end of period reporting.
· Responsible for PMV-US collections and monthly reporting metrics.
· Assist Accounting Specialist in costing responsibilities and provide backup when Specialist is out of the office.
· Prepare end-of-month inventory and other reports to enable the monthly close process to progress efficiently and without delay.
· Participate in CVO’s daily status meeting.
· Review daily cycle counting adjustments.
· Provide detailed, analytic explanations for relevant significant financial variances (to budget, to standard, etc.) throughout the month to ensure no surprises at month end.
· Assist Controller and Accounting Specialist in developing annual labor and overhead rates that minimize operational variances.
· Submit periodic BPC supplemental information, including inventory and quarterly lease commitment information.
· Perform other periodic closing duties, among them reconciling Oracle and BPC.
· Special projects as needed.
· Assist in streamlining and shortening month-end financial close and reporting process while utilizing more productive ways of performing necessary functions to meet all business objectives.
· Lead the SOX process for all Cookeville responsible sites to assure no material weaknesses.
· Provide ad-hoc financial statement analysis as needed by the Controller and Accounting Specialist.
· Participate in the CVO monthly financial meeting.
· Support the One Flowserve efforts through continuous improvement and strong customer service mentality.
Job Posting Category Finance & Accounting
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 10%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35168BR