Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer - Rotating equipment - French & English speakers in Cormano, Italy
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· The Application Engineer, part of the Commercial Operations team in Cormano, is assigned to supporting workload of Industrial and Project OEM's in Italy, France and the Benelux area.
· The Application Engineer will be the single point of contact focused on customer satisfaction with regard to on-time-delivery of quotations and reduction of cycle times for order entry for assigned pump business units in order to help increase the seal/system bookings.
· Provide correct technical selections (Seals and Systems) at market level pricing in response to RFQ's in the requested customer time frame;
· Interpret specifications and data sheets, including special warranty, delivery and payment terms requested by our customer;
· Clearly document exceptions in the proposal created for the customer;
· Interact with Global Technology and Engineering Center (Chennai, India) as needed to support the quotation process;
· Complete Engineering/Contract review of purchase order, prior to entering data into EIS for seals and auxiliary products;
· Clarify with customer any unclear or inaccurate information on the PO in a prompt manner;
· Achieve quality order entry in accordance with the latest Sales Approval Policy, ensuring EIS records for seals and auxiliary product orders are entered cleanly within a clearly specified time frame from receipt/clarification;
· Effectively utilize the various tools including, but not limited to: FAEP, Customer Connect, EIS, CRM, autoSAP as a basis to support GTEC for creating qualitative quotations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
· Experience as an Application Engineer in a technical/engineering role is preferred;
· Knowledge of rotating equipment (particularly seals/pumps) is strongly recommended ;
· Excelent English and French verbal and written communication skills are required
· High level of desk-top computer proficiency;
· Be customer and service focused, flexible and open to change;
· Must be a self-starter that is able to work with minimum supervision and have the ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Applications Engineer - Rotating equipment - French & English speakers
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: