Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer - mechanical seals, rotating equipment in Cormano, Italy
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position is responsible for direct & indirect sales for both mechanical seals and support systems for selected accounts in the South of Europe, through OEM factories, Sales Offices, HQs and Engineering Contractors with approximately 50% travel. The list of accounts will be defined with the Supervisor, and can change based on business conditions & circumstances.
· Achieve booking goals as set by Manager for mechanical seals and auxiliary systems.
· Develop and maintain the necessary level of relationships at OEM factories, OEM Sales Offices, HQs and EPCs.
· Promote & pursue specification of Flowserve seals & auxiliary systems for projects
· Continuously improve interface with Operations, Engineering & OEM/Project Sales Force
· Successfully manage strategic planning and help coordinate OEM/Project Seals sales relative to both regional and international.
· Work with Marketing to help establish Flowserve Seals as a leader in rotating equipment through promotion, advertising, technical articles and regional trade shows.
· Help with high level troubleshooting with key customers and manage any T&C’s issues including late payment collection.
· Provide quality and timely monthly reports as requested
· Gather market price and competitor positioning data and input to the strategic planning process.
Knowledge of mechanical seals, rotating equipment and application processes in key industrial markets.
Knowledge of conducting business with OEM factories, OEM Sales Offices, EPCs & HQ on capital projects
Marketing expertise including the ability to develop territory marketing plans and strategic objectives to exceed team goals/objectives
Ability to negotiate commercially in the best interest of the company
Strong entrepreneurial skills to effectively promote company products and services.
Effectively organize and ensure regular communication & visits are met with key customers in designated territory.
Ability to work independently and driven by goals and objectives.
Ability to identify and to develop new OEM customers
BSME or equivalent technical degree, background in sales and marketing or commensurate industry experience with a proven track record of success
Experience with seals, rotating equipment and related systems are preferred.
Excellent organizational skills required to manage multiple tasks.
Computer proficient with Microsoft Office.
Good Level of English, both written and spoken.
Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 50%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 35350BR