Flowserve Corporation GM QRC OPERATIONS in Corpus Christi, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The General Manager will have full responsibility for the operations, employees, and profit & loss of Flowserve’s Quick Response Center (QRC) in Corpus Christi, TX. The QRC is a maintenance and repair facility for Flowserve’s pumps and rotating equipment. The QRC provides immediate, local service to our customers in the oil and gas, chemical, water, power, and other industries. We’re looking for a GM who can lead a fast-paced, hands-on shop, while aligning to strategic corporate direction.
The General Manager will:
· Provide daily management and long-term leadership to ensure that the QRC meets the customers’ needs, achieves monthly and annual business metrics/plans, and is positioned for sustainability and growth.
· Manage and supervise a team of support professionals and shop staff. Consistently follow best practices in hiring, coaching, training, performance management, salary planning, and succession planning.
· Maintain a sight-line on jobs as they enter and move through the operation, while relying on the Production Supervisor to insure that quality, safety, cost, and schedule standards are maintained.
· Partner with and leverage insight from Sales Team to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date on market conditions, and the business and operational needs of our customers.
· Collaborate as needed with engineers, sales, and operations as they develop quotations, troubleshoot mechanical challenges, and work with customers
· Build relationships with customers and suppliers, moving from a product-driven to a service-driven approach.
· Continuously evaluate staffing levels and skill mixes to ensure that the QRC has the capacity to meet the demand for products and services.
· Develop, advocate for, and implement capital spending/improvement plans for the facility and equipment.
· Participate in strategic business planning with regional Flowserve leadership.
· Align individual performance goals and measures systematically, and consistently use them to drive performance.
· 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, machining, or repair environment, preferably related to the oil & gas, chemical, water, or power industries.
· Solid product and process knowledge of rotating equipment and their operation in industrial settings.
· Experience with direct customer-facing roles and responsibilities. Experience in quick response center environment and/or proven experience responding to quick turnaround service level demands from customers. Ability to be flexible and creative to meet customer needs.
· Financial acumen with the ability to maintain, understands, and communicates operational and financial metrics, while using these metrics to drive performance. Must have experience managing costs. Previous Profit & Loss accountability is highly desired.
· Strong understanding of the process flow of jobs and documents through the shop.
· 3+ years successfully managing people, including hiring, coaching, development, and performance management.
· Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others, including external sales, supply chain, customer service, engineering, field services, etc.
· Proven record creating a safety culture in a manufacturing environment, and maintaining high standards of safety performance.
· Must have a collaborative style that encourages the free flow of communication, removes obstacles, and promotes problem solving and teamwork.
· Capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies and persuading professionals at all levels.
· Strong results orientation and a tireless work ethic with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
· Excellent analytical and strategic skills. Good business judgment and problem solving skills with solid economic, industry and competitive landscape insight.
· Builds organizations that effectively adapt and develop world-class practices from inside or outside the industry to create powerful competitive advantage.
· Demonstrated capability to lead change and transformation activities, thereby generating process improvements which lead to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
· Demonstrated ability to operate in a hands-on environment when necessary, yet see the big picture on a global basis.
Bachelor’s Degree is desired, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9000), Lean Manufacturing concepts, and continuous improvement initiatives and tools
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 36028BR