Flowserve Corporation Engineer (m/w) in Coslada, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Quick Response Center (QRC) Engineer provides engineering and technical assistance to QRC personnel, Sales Engineers and customers to develop the best possible repair and upgrade solutions to aftermarket jobs. Responsible for technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability to concerned parties.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree, advanced degree preferred and 5+ years related experience
- Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) certification, Green Belt minimum
- Mastery level application of advanced engineering processes including CFD,FEA, Rotor Dynamics and other processes as required for the role
- Demonstrates expertise in performing high-end engineering analysis
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of specific product lines
- Demonstrates subject matter expert knowledge of product development
- Represents Flowserve in industrial organizations
- Conducts engineering on solution orders to ensure quality by minimizing technical risks in the specialty field, and conducting specialized analyses and reviews.
- Participates in the evaluation of technical feasibility and minimizes technical risks in our solution proposals, in the specialty field.
- Participates in design review panels, as a subject matter expert, and also participates in root-cause analyses of customer projects and in trouble/warranty jobs.
- Reviews and/or develops high level scope of work for QRC jobs, when required.
- Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards for required functions. (i.e., weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, etc.)
- Identify upgrades opportunities and support the generation of upgrade quotes, provide justification or support Life Cycle Cost analysis for evaluation, when feasible.
- Acts as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotor dynamic, metallurgical or finite element analysis is performed.
- Accountable for documenting and communicating design changes initiated by the QRC.
- First technical contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
- Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
- Support sales to present FLS technical capabilities to Customers
- Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues including but not limited to NCR disposition, supporting shop mechanics during assembly.
- Provide sketches to facilitate quick repairs.
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 25%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Req ID 37328BR