Flowserve Corporation Regional Payroll Manager for EMEA in Debrecen, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a key member of our Global Shared Services organization, the EMEA Payroll Operations Manager will, while working closely with payroll providers/vendors, oversee the EMEA payroll operations, tax and compliance, and reporting functions in order to ensure compliance and best practice execution. The incumbent will design and execute strategic process improvement initiatives for our multi-national, multi-divisional payroll processes and operations across the globe.
• Evaluate current legacy payroll processes, and subsequently design roadmap strategy to rationalize existing payroll vendors into a more strategic, cost effective, and process optimized payroll services delivery and to create and build out the shared services EMEA payroll delivery processing center in Debrecen, Hungary.
• Directly manage regional payroll organizations within EMEA and their payroll processes; to ensure tax compliance with local laws in every country we operate; and, to uphold data integrity within the company.
• Manage and support EMEA payroll staff, ensuring all payrolls, including out of cycle runs and manual payments, receive and file payroll correspondences.
• Maintain effective controls to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley for payroll processes
• Establish and track quarterly an annual metrics to measures team performance and progress against approved roadmap.
• Build proactive and collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders (such as HR and Finance shared services and operational leaders, tax, legal, total rewards (compensation and benefits), IT, internal and external audit, finance and the payroll services organizations) and external resources to ensure global best practices and consistency within processes.
• Perform advanced payroll functions (i.e. gross-up, retroactive pay, stock options, deferred stock and deductions) and fully understand company benefit plans for proper deductions.
• Ensure proper handling of non-salaried related compensation (i.e., annual and one-time bonus payments, incentive compensation, perquisites, allowances, gifts, other).
• Oversee the preparation, filing, reporting and audits of payroll tax, workers’ compensation and other compliance programs related to payroll for governmental bodies in all countries we operate.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Human Resource Management or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years of progressive payroll experience in a complex multi-national corporation with project management and process improvement experience.
• Multi-country and regional payroll experience and demonstrable management of a team of 5-8 or more payroll professionals
• Demonstrable expertise in coaching and mentoring payroll professionals.
• Experience in Time Keeping, ADP and reporting systems
• Strong experience working with unions, works councils and collective bargaining agreements.
• Payroll management experience with seasonal contingent workforce.
• Strong, professional interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written in English (Hungarian is also preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Job Posting Category Finance & Accounting
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 25%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 35734BR