Flowserve Corporation Attorney in Desio, Italy
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Licensed attorney with strong knowledge of Contract Law.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant position with an international manufacturing company or EPC contractor (preferably US company) or the like.
· Bilingual Italian/English language skills are a must.
· Experience with domestic and international contracts, commercial sales contract negotiations, management and dispute resolution.
· Knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code, UN Convention on the Sale of Goods and UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Law.
· Previous experience in compliance, ideally with large US-based or multinational manufacturing or industrial companies. Additional experience in dealing with FPCA, UK Anti Bribery Act, and other similar regulations and experience in assisting with compliance-related investigations is a plus.
· Experience in working and liaising with external counsel as needed and directed by manager.
· Experience in the Power, Oil/Gas, Petrochemical and Industrial fields a plus. Experience in working and interacting with state-owned companies in Italy is a plus.
· Highly motivated self-starter, a team-player, and strong leadership and time management skills.
· Solid business sense with mature judgment, integrity, flexibility and stability. Proven background in successful customer interface.
· Strong communication skills and attention-to-detail are essential. Excellent customer orientation and proven ability to work cross-functional (with teams such as Sales, Compliance, Finance, Tax, Procurement, etc.), as well as externally with customers and consultants.
· Skill to manage conflicting priorities and be able to work under pressure by adjusting priorities as needed under changing conditions with the ability and confidence to make independent decisions.
The ideal candidate is highly flexible, proactive, comfortable with large amounts of information and documentation, adept at managing expectations, and able to set and adjust priorities as needed while working with sales and other internal organizations as well as customers under great pressure for on time delivery of a high quality work product.
The position requires a thorough understanding of contract management and overall risk assessment. The individual is expected to manage the contract process as it affects the proposal process, contract acceptance, warranty and other contractual liability issues. The position will be heavily involved in negotiations on terms and conditions and other issues related to contract management. S/He must be able to deal with complex risk models while minimizing and agreeing to acceptable risk profiles.
• Primary responsibility is to create, review, edit, coordinate and/or negotiate a wide range and number of agreements for Sale of Goods & Services [approx. 60% of time]
• Provide equivalent support for Real Property Leases, Dispute Settlements, Procurement, Development and Consulting agreements [approx. 10% of time]
• Manage contract revisions and updates and ensure compliance with corporate policy [approx. 10% of time]
• Assist and provide support in resolving day-to-day contract-related issues with both customers and individual Sales and Operations business units [approx. 20% of time]
- LEVEL OF TASKS:
• Degree of Manager Oversight - Works under minimal supervision; has latitude to work within company authorized risk profiles.
• Complexity of Issues - Assignments are broad and complex in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity, while applying principles favorable to the interests of company.
• Subject Matter Knowledge - Applies specific/detailed and complex knowledge gained through both training/education and depth of experience. Specialized knowledge within area of legal expertise and sound knowledge of established policies and practices both for the organization and for area of expertise.
• Impact to the Company and Others - Influences decisions through advice and counsel to Management, Operations personnel and Sales. Regularly makes decisions within authorized parameters that commit the company with optimum liability impact.
Job Posting Category:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID: