Flowserve Corporation Oil & Gas Buyer in Desio, Italy
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Degree in technical or economical major or equivalent job experience
· At least 5 years’ experience as a buyer in O&G / manufacturing sector in an international company
· General knowledge of motors, drives, turbines, mechanical seals & systems
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Excellent ability to work in team and relate to internal and external stakeholders
· Great communication and negotiating skills, combined with the ability to network and influence
· Aptitude to identify gaps in procedures and provide new solutions and know-how for processes implementation and innovation
· Proficient use of PC and operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
· Basic knowledge of Oracle and/or Microsoft Access would be a nice-to-have
· Contract management and risk mitigation in support of project margins and commercial terms.
· Generate/maintain accurate cost history files to support rapid budgetary proposals.
· Acquire necessary training to engage Supply base on cost reduction initiatives related to design, and performance.
· Maintain reporting structure for savings, spend data.
· Engage Operational personnel and Supplier Quality management to grow AVL (Approved Vendor List) supporting cost reduction activities and overall Supplier performance in the areas of On Time Delivery and Quality.
· Maintain strong working relationships with global Supply base through regular visits and Business Review Meetings.
· Provide competitive sourcing and market level costs to Order Acquisition personnel to support Flowserve’s Booking Plan.
· Manage average annual spend of $60M USD within the strategic roadmap developed by Commodity Manager and in compliance with performance standards generated by Supplier Quality Manager.
· As necessary, generate Letters of Award to ensure back-to-back commercial terms, lead times, and preservation/growth of gross margin.
The candidate will support the Supply Chain Manager in:
· selection, development and support of suppliers
· negotiation of major jobs for buy outs (Motors – Drives - Turbines – Mechanical seals & Systems…).
· long term agreement definition with mains suppliers
· support sales & estimating department for accurate and competitive quotations
· setting internal rules for procurement activities
· yearly purchase plan definition
· verification of spent in line with budget and defined strategies
· warranty / liquidated damages / NCR back charges negotiations with suppliers
· monitoring main KPI & reporting
Experience in international and well structured company.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Oil & Gas Buyer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: