Flowserve Corporation General Manager Operations (m/w) in Ettlingen, Germany
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil & gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence. Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Flowserve Ettlingen Operations
The Flowserve Ettlingen operation primarily manufactures metal and soft-seated ball valves, and pneumatic actuators.
Product brands include: Argus and Deutsch-Audco
Overview Scope of Responsibility
The Director/General Manager's primary responsibilities include leading the Ettlingen Operation staff, the daily management and coordination of the plant operations including production, quality, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labor, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations.
This position is responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to the business and developing growth plans to ensure the annual business objectives, including P&L and balance sheet objectives are achieved.
Direct Reports (Operations, Supply Chain, QA, and Order Execution Managers) and matrix reports (Engineering, Commercial Operations, HR Manager, and Controller)
->Reports to VP/GM Operations located in Irving, TX
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in Business Administration or Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of eight years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven record of safety performance in a manufacturing plant.
- Extensive product and process knowledge in valves.
- Working level of market knowledge (chemical, water, power, oil & gas, general industrial).
- $100 million Sales + P&L management experience.
- Plant Management/Operations experience with 100+ employees.
- Within a manufacturing environment, experience in supply chain, operations, purchasing, planning, materials management, customer service, inside sales (quotes), engineering, product management and field services.
- High level of collaboration and interaction with outside sales force.
- Must be a self-motivated contributing team member.
- Have demonstrated experience in continuous improvement process (CIP) and tools and will be familiar with Lean Manufacturing practices.
- High energy level and a strong work ethic, with the ability to instill these characteristics in others.
- Project management skills in managing multiple long cycle projects.
- Strong business acumen and business management capability; has a keen understanding of the respective Flowserve business model and strategies.
Leadership and Management Behavioral Competencies
- Advocates and supports the Flowserve performance culture and ensures that performance is actively differentiated and managed within the business unit or function
- Communicates effectively with the full range of internal stakeholders—from associates to leadership—and ensures that programs, processes and initiatives within the business unit or function are communicated in a clear and effective manner.Capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies and persuading professionals at all levels.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills.Good business judgment and problem solving skills with solid economic, industry and competitive landscape insight.
- Builds organizations that effectively adapt and develop world-class practices from inside or outside the industry to create powerful competitive advantage.
- Establishes conditions systematically for high performance teamwork based on the requirements of the situation.
- Demonstrated capability to lead change and transformation activities, thereby generating process improvements which lead to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Requires someone having specific experience in valuing diversity and must have strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a hands-on environment when necessary, yet see the big picture on a global basis.
Key Company Expectations
Drive the Business
Partner with local, regional or functional teams to achieve or exceed the annual business plan (including P&L and balance sheet objectives) by implementing process improvements and capital spending plans, reducing non-value added operating costs, implementing and maintaining an effective metrics based management system, and shortening lead times.
Grow the Business
Partner with local, regional or functional sales and marketing teams in exploring growth markets, deploying sales growth initiatives, expanding product offerings, and seizing business opportunities from competition.
Operate a Safe and Ethical Facility
Partner with local teams in establishing/maintaining controls that achieve or exceed regulatory health and safety standards, meeting import/export requirements and operating in manner that aligns to Flowserve’s ethical guidelines.
Support the Talent Cycle
Partner with local HR in ensuring that current and future staffing levels are appropriate based on business conditions, creating a work environment in which employees are proud to work, ensuring hiring managers are competent interviewers and selecting talent appropriately, driving efforts that seek to increase employee engagement, appropriately differentiating talent based on observed performance and skill, providing relevant development opportunities for employees to increase performance, ensuring that local leadership continuity is intact over time and minimizing retention risk of critical knowledge or personnel.
Be a Leader
Maintain positive employee relations within the facility by being visible and interacting with multiple levels of personnel, setting direction and communicating to the site in terms of business opportunity and performance, cascading goals that seek to align an individual’s efforts to that of the larger operation’s objectives, providing feedback and coaching to direct reports and line-level leaders and recognizing the contributions of others to business success.
Job Posting Category Administration
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 20%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 37286BR