Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler in Gateshead, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The ideal candidate for this role will be qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline and have good fitting and mechanical skills. Ideally they will be familiar with alignment, vibration and ancillary pumping equipment. They will have been working in a rotating equipment environment, and may be competent in Pumps, Mechanical Seals, Dry Gas Seals, Turbines or any other rotating equipment.
Lifting and slinging capability would also be advantageous. Good oral, written and interpersonal skills are required, as is the ability to use basic IT packages. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a varied, and "all hands on deck" environment within the mechanical engineering industry, and build a specialist career.
· Completion of full mechanical strip downs of pumps, mechanical seals and ancillary equipment
· Responsibility to create and submit detailed strip and inspection reports
· Responsible for completion of detailed build reports.
· Responsibility of carrying out repairs in line with instructions
· Hydro testing, component and rotor balancing
· Responsibility of rebuild process.
· Carrying out work on customer premises where necessary which will include removal, inspection, rebuild, installation, commission of Pumps.
· The Precision Assembler will carry out all general servicing, repair, refurbishment and troubleshooting.
· The precision Assembler works closely with the QRC Engineers, technical support engineers and contract engineers to ensure repairs and upgrades are properly specified and executed
· Precision Assembler will have the responsibility of completing individual pump reports both at the inspection and final assembly stages.
· If involved in service work there will also be a requirement for
· The Precision Assembler will work as part of the Newcastle QRC team
· Responsibility for the Health and Safety and all standard procedure in line with current legislation in work area.
· Involved in Goods receiving and inventory management process as necessary
Time Served - Mechanical fitter / Fitter Turner
Significant experience in a Rotating equipment, engineered pump or mechanical seal assembly role
Mechanical Fitting knowledge
Apprentice trained with recognised provider and industry Experienced in the use of all precision measuring equipment, i.e. micrometres.
Good communicator Flexible team member
Previous work experience for a Major pump manufacturer is desirable as is knowledge of Major pump / Seal OEM products and industry.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country Great Britain
Req ID 35750BR