Flowserve Corporation Precision Assembler - 2nd Shift in Greer, South Carolina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Solid understanding of all tear down, inspection, assembly and testing equipment applications and servicing in repair process. Able to implement preventive maintenance schedule and report equipment issues to management. Provides technical assistance for common equipment issues. Applies in-depth understanding of the process flow of all parts and assemblies through the repair process. Applies in depth proficiency in all data entry systems and processes.
This position is for 2nd-shift, Monday - Thursday, 3:00pm - 1:30am
•Must have personal set of mechanic tools and roll around tool box.
•Can work overtime and weekends when necessary.
•Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with results driven background.
•Follow pre-job brief and Return Goods Policies and all check lists prior to DCI.
•Follow DCI check list to tear down the pump, properly clean each component for reuse, and write the condition of components on all DCI documentation.
•Can use torches and liquid nitrogen when appropriate for the teardown process.
•Inspect all components of the pump and document the numbers in decimal form on all inspection forms and specific prints of each part.
•Take pictures of the DCI process as instructed on the DCI checklist.
•Interface with production planner and customer to discuss the condition of all critical components of the pump when applicable.
•Follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to assembly.
•Follow all routers and assembly procedures to assemble the pump.
•Inspect all components for critical fits and run-outs and document each number on the appropriate assembly form.
•Run balance machine to properly balance impellers and shaft.
•Take pictures of the assembly process as instructed on the assembly check list.
•Paint, tag, and prep the pump prior to shipment to the customer.
•Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures
•Coordinate and interface with sales, operations, engineers, and customers as necessary
•Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages team building, decision- making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
•High School diploma or equivalent with a minimal of 5 years relevant work experience.
•Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
•Excellent organizational skills, able to problem solve, and prioritize work assignments.
(1) PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Actively participate in the PMP process and develop SMART goals and objectives. Provide comment(s) in the accountabilities, objectives, competencies and the overall comment section. Comments need to be of good quality and support the self-assessment rating.
- Achieve division safety goals by ensuring your work, and the work of others is performed safely, by actively maintaining a safe work environment and abiding by all safety policies. Timely report all near misses and/or safety incidences during the calendar year. Wear PPE at all times. Actively participate and complete all Pure Safety Training as scheduled. Makes legitimate safety recommendations to safety committee (in writing) when a potential hazard has been observed that may result in injury. Have zero recordable accidents.
- Communicate timely to Management on all pertinent issues related to your daily work (i.e., job status, back log, machine and/or tooling issues.)
(4) CIP & 6S
- Embrace and drive a CIP environment in your area of responsibility and throughout the organization. Practice good housekeeping in and around your work area. This includes preventative maintenance. Complete yellow belt training. Supports and participates in CIP projects when required or initiates projects. Uses STAR (Stop, Think, Act, Review).
(5) TIME MANAGEMENT & ATTENDANCE
- Work fair share of overtime to meet schedule and shop dates. Work Saturdays and/or weekends when required. Maintains overall good attendance (not leaving work area & quitting early in order to minimize no-pay hours, no extended breaks or lunches, reports to work on time and is at work station ready to start work at scheduled starting time).
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 37042BR