Flowserve Corporation Electronic Design Engineer/Hardware Engineer in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The hardware engineer is responsible for maintaining and updating circuit-board designs and layouts to support the IPS Wireless industrial data collection product line. This includes development of new and revised products as well as support and troubleshooting of existing products and designs. The engineer will work with multi-disciplinary project teams on project planning, development, product evaluation, testing, release to production and technical training. May be required to participate with customer facing personnel to trace unique or difficult customer technical issues.
· Identify suitable design architecture and help develop design specifications. Includes specifying power supply requirements, configuring and estimating power consumption.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing designs and change if necessary. Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
· Perform circuit design, simulation and verification using computer-assisted design software; Design circuits to hazardous area approval standards such as IEC60079. Support design review and approval by various certifying bodies including IECEx, ATEX, CSA and SIRA.
· Collaborate with internal engineering departments, production and/or customers on product performance requirements, design, test and development activities. Delegate and lead technical design work such as circuit layout, parts specification, prototype builds, testing and wiring information from other engineers. Work with software and firmware engineers to help design and develop the software systems and firmware that control the electronic products.
· Prepare complete and practical design documentation and present design reviews; must have ability to demonstrate all aspects of circuit needs/features in thorough design reviews.
Thoroughly define and document design work for other resources to finish complete design.
· Advise and detail plans to debug, test and lead verification of early product samples. Coordinate with product and test personnel to release new products to manufacturing ..
Integrate and maintain security and controls within processes and designs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
• 5+ years of related experience in analog circuit design and PCB layout
• Strong fundamentals in circuit theory, signal and systems theory, noise analysis and best layout practices • Experience with analog circuit design and applications
• Experience with PCB design, schematic and simulation programs such as PSpice and Eagle CADSoft is a plus
• Prototype development and testing with fixtures
• CSA, SIRA, UL/CE certification knowledge a plus
• Basic understanding of operation of mechanical equipment such as pumps, compressors and other rotating equipment
• Knowledge of vibration analysis and signal analysis (such as FFTs) is preferred
• Have knowledge of active filter design implementation
• Highly effective collaboration with project groups
• Ability to maintain and develop standard processes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communicator
• Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
• Demonstrate a working style which is team oriented and values communication, participation and involvement of others
• Is able to work effectively with high degrees of self-management making decisions around priorities while maintaining quality focus
• Design devices to read from various sensors including pressure, temperature, vibration, flow, speed over millivolt, current, Modbus and discrete communication interfaces • Work with various communication methods including RS232, I2C, RS485, Modbus, USB, radio frequency • Perform circuit design, simulation, layout and verification using computer-assisted design software; Prepare design documentation and present design reviews; must have ability to demonstrate all aspects of circuit needs/features in thorough design reviews. • Must be able to understand the greater system, not just the component currently being designed – in order to address potential system level impacts early in design process. • Identify suitable architecture and help develop design specifications; • Specify power supply requirements, configuration and estimate power consumption. • Typical components used on PCBs include ADCs, power supplies, op-amps, microprocessors, analog filters, analog circuits and wireless RF cards. • Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary. Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors. • Collaborate with internal engineering departments, production and/or customers on product performance requirements, design, test and development activities. • Project management and coordination with internal and external groups for the design and development of firmware releases • Work with supply chain to generate specifications for parts. Build, test and modify product prototypes. • Debug and verify early samples on the bench using analog measurement instruments, and coordinate with product and test personnel to release new products to manufacturing • Test and re-test parts to ensure they work properly. • Work with software and firmware engineers to help design and develop the software systems and firmware that control the electronic devices • Work with production group to troubleshoot, identify and isolate defects/issues • Must have a high capability to execute practical decisions leading to production worthy circuit designs. • Maintain standards for code and testing protocols • Integrate and maintain security and controls within processes and designs.
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 20%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35835BR