Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This is a machinist position performing parts manufacturing at the Houston PMC. Duties include following assignment and instructions from management to machine many types of components. Must be able to operate manual and CNC equipment, and must be able to do own setups. Applicant must be able to machine rotating equipment parts on the lathe i.e. shafts, impellers and sleeves. Must be able to program basic 2 dimensional parts on conversational control for both mill and lathe. Must understand proper tooling for machining a variety of materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, Nitronic, Monel, etc. with minimal supervision. Applicant must be able to machine accurately to within a .0005 tolerance. A considered applicant must be able to interpret blue prints and able to work overtime when necessary to meet customer commitments and delivery dates. This is a 2nd shift position Monday-Friday 2:30PM-11:00PM
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 5 years conventional machining experience.
• Ability to read and follow route sheets/Blue Prints.
• Strong organization skills.
• Must be able to efficiently and effectively set up and operate CNC machines.
• Complete set-ups on a variety of turned parts and castings.
• Knowledge of layout and set up of castings and raw material.
• Machine parts to close tolerances (.001”) from raw material and/or castings in the most efficient manner while understanding safety and quality requirements.
• Ability to program using conversational controls such as Mazatrol.
• Operate/machine parts as required to meet drawing specifications.
• Must be able to work overtime when necessary to meet customer commitments and delivery dates.
• Knowledge and skill to utilize overhead cranes safely.
• Conversational programming at the machine level.
• Read and interpret drawings using conventional tolerances as well as geometric tolerances.
• Adjust speeds and feeds to maximize machining productivity.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: