Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Must be able to efficiently and effectively set up and operate conventional milling machines, engine lathes, drill presses and key seaters.
· Set up and mill, drill and tap shafts, impellers, heads/covers, sleeves an etc.
· Complete set-ups on a variety of turned parts, and castings.
· Knowledge of layout and set up of castings and raw material.
· Machine parts to close tolerances (.001”) from raw material and/or castings in the most efficient manner while understanding safety and quality requirements.
· Operate/machine parts as required to meet drawing specifications
· The knowledge and skill to utilize overhead cranes safely is a plus
· Other duties may be required
Requires the Ability To:
· Understand the product and process flow of specific department.
· Establish and maintain open lines of communications with all associates.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Able to handle work accurately and swiftly under tight time constraints.
· Take the initiative and ownership for their area.
· Able to resolve problems quickly.
· Work overtime hours as needed, including weekends.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Computer literate.
· Minimum of three (3) years manual machining experience.
· CNC machining experience a plus.
· Ability to read and follow route sheets/Blue Prints.
· Work well with people.
· Strong communication skills.
· Product/Process knowledge.
· Self –Starter.
· High level of organization skills.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35812BR