Flowserve Corporation Senior Sales Engineer - Monitoring & Reliability Services in Houston, Texas
Flowserve, a global leader in fluid motion control, is seeking a hands-on, experienced Sales Engineer to sell our Monitoring & Reliability products and services to our customers in the power, oil, and chemical industries. Flowserve manufactures a complete product line of pumps, valves, and seals, and we also deliver the power of information technology with wireless, networked sensors, advanced analytics, and engineering services.
5+ years of technical sales experience with end-user customers
B.S. Engineering or related technical field
Strong engineering and technical understanding of pumps, seals, pumping systems and other rotating equipment required.
· Demonstrated successful track record of sustained sales skills with business development success on targeted accounts
· Must project a strong customer focus and professional demeanor
· Must communicate with positive impact. Skilled at group presentations, and able to clearly explain complex technical information. Have effective writing skills.
· Comfortable working alone, self-driven with minimal supervision, supported by an ability to develop relationships by phone and email
· Flexible multi-tasker with excellent responsiveness, follow-through, and the ability to meet urgent deadlines
· Computer savvy so as to maximize the use of current apps and systems. Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
· Active driver’s license with good driving record required
- Some physical activity required, such as walking large customer sites, lifting 50 lbs, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities
Able to travel approximately 50% of the time
The Sales Engineer will visit customer sites, identify opportunities, and demonstrate the value of our monitoring & reliability products and services applied to our customers’ operations. The Sales Engineer will be forward thinking in identifying opportunities, developing marketing plans, and achieving top-line growth over time. The candidate will work from a home office anywhere in the U.S., ideally in the Gulf Coast region. The position has a salary base, with sales incentives. A company car is included in a comprehensive benefits package.
· Proactively drive and be held accountable for bookings for Flowserve’s Monitoring & Reliability products and services in the assigned territories.
· Develop account strategies to meet monthly bookings objectives, to grow the business, and to bridge to larger enterprise-level sales opportunities.
· Serve as the customer’s primary contact. Collaborate with Flowserve’s supporting organizations to resolve problems promptly and get satisfactory results for customers.
· Review proposals and opportunities on a monthly basis, providing specific monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings forecasts to management. Communicate with management regarding customer activities, competitor information, market conditions, and pricing.
· Position Flowserve as a long-term business partner. Help customers realize the full value of our monitoring and reliability services, as well as the full value of their relationship with Flowserve.
· Support Flowserve’s End-User Sales from initial opportunity through proposal development to closed bookings. Provide technical support, customer presentations, and demonstrations of products.
· Transmit specific customer feedback into Flowserve Engineering, R&D, and Operations to support continuous improvement for all products.
Knowledge of instrumentation and electronics, wireless systems, and vibration technologies highly desired
Experience with plant reliability engineering and operations highly desired
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Senior Sales Engineer - Monitoring & Reliability Services
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: