Flowserve Corporation Co-op/Intern in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Research and Development Interns are responsible for providing engineering support on all aspects of new product development efforts, custom-engineered seal development efforts, and new technology development efforts.
Provide broad engineering support to new research and development and custom engineered product test programs, including:
· Development of conceptual designs
· Review of design for manufacturability and design cost issues
· Fabrication/procurement of prototype parts
· Development and implementation of test programs
· Documentation of product development efforts and application guidelines
· Conduct routine and, with guidance from more senior engineers, non-routine design analysis calculations to support seal design efforts including use of FEA, self-developed computer algorithms, and hand calculations.
· Develop broad engineering skills working through formal and informal training programs
· Review external technological advances and work with external technological resources to continuously enhance the technology that is applied in design and analysis efforts.
· Support operations and other customers as necessary to meet their objectives and to achieve on time delivery goals. Participate in interdepartmental activities to ensure that concurrent engineering techniques and best practice processes are effectively implemented throughout the product development group.
· Give direction and support to designers and technicians who are assigned to support technology and product development efforts.
· Prepare technical reports of appropriate depth and detail to document seal design analysis, product design development, and laboratory and field testing programs.
· Currently in Junior or Senior year of pursuing a B.S. in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Project
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to apply engineering analysis tools including FEA, experience with ANSYS preferred
· Familiarity with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor preferred
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Part time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35893BR