Flowserve Corporation R&D Engineer in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
R&D Engineers are responsible for providing engineering support on all aspects of new product development efforts, custom-engineered seal development efforts, and new technology development efforts.
· Provide project management in close coordination with Marketing personnel on small and medium-scale product development efforts and custom-engineered seal efforts. These efforts include:
· Development and implementation of a project schedule for the technical phases of the project
· Development of conceptual designs
· Review of design for manufacturability and design cost issues
· Fabrication/procurement of prototype parts
· Development and implementation of test programs
· Documentation of product development efforts and application guidelines
· Support of product introduction including preparation and presentation of technical training
· Support product maintenance issues following market introduction
· Provide project management on the technical aspects of product development efforts and custom-engineered seal efforts.
· Conduct routine and, with guidance from more senior engineers, non-routine design analysis calculations to support seal design efforts including use of FEA, self-developed computer algorithms, and hand calculations.
· Develop broad engineering skills working through formal and informal training programs, with a minimum of 40 hours of formal training attended each year.
· Review external technological advances and work with external technological resources to continuously enhance the technology that is applied in design and analysis efforts.
· Support operations and other customers as necessary to meet their objectives and to achieve on time delivery goals. Participate in interdepartmental activities to ensure that concurrent engineering techniques and best practice processes are effectively implemented throughout the product development group.
· Provide technical guidance and support to other members of the technical staff and field personnel as required.
· Give direction and support to designers and technicians who are assigned to support technology and product development efforts.
· Prepare technical reports of appropriate depth and detail to document seal design analysis, product design development, and laboratory and field testing programs.
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field minimum
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Project
Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision·
Ability to apply engineering analysis tools including FEA, experience with ANSYS preferred
Familiarity with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor preferred
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35795BR