Flowserve Corporation CAD Engineer/Coordinator in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Senior CAD Engineer/Coordinator will work independently and with other engineering team members to create and/or check drawings, models of pump parts and complex assemblies, bills of material, and other engineering documents. Assign, schedule, coordinate, check and manage work within the CAD team and with other Flowserve business units including the Flowserve Global Technology Center. Inspect solid models and drafts for new components and modification to existing parts to ensure that the Company best practices and standards are followed. Participate in the development and improvement of best practices and standards as they relate to the manufacturing and design process.
· Create and/or check models and drafts of parts and assemblies per design standards, best practices, design intent and ASME Y14.5-2009.
· Create and/or check complex mechanical designs and assemblies for form/fit/function to meet customer criteria and standards.
· Effectively and independently assign, schedule, coordinate, check and manage work within the department and with other FLS business units.
· Create/Check/Enter/Release BOM’s in ERP system ensuring accuracy.
· Assist in the development of department standards and provide training to engineering team members.
· Check for proper use of drafting and CAD standards to ensure consistency throughout department.
· Provide technical support to designers and drafters in mechanical design/drafting principals for machined parts, weldments and castings/forgings.
· Perform basic engineering calculations, ensure correct tolerance stack ups, and when necessary make changes to CAD drawings.
· Participate in R&D projects as assigned.
· Execute special projects as assigned using established policies and procedures and subject matter knowledge.
· Work directly with manufacturing personal to extract key data for creation of CAD standards.
· Create monthly reports and forecasts, track metrics.
High school diploma or equivalent required
5+ years of relevant experience is required
Proficiency in 3D CAD in mechanical equipment, NX is a plus.
Experience in designing/manufacturing of heavy industrial equipment using castings, bar, plate, pipe, structural shapes and welded fabrications.
Knowledge of pumps or similar rotating equipment is a plus.
Complete understanding of geometric tolerance (GD&T) and how it is applied to mechanical machined components.
Ability to effectively and independently assign, schedule, coordinate, check and manage work.
Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Detail oriented person who strives for accuracy
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and English language skills
Able to work in a fast paced production environment.
BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
AS degree in Manufacturing, Design/Mechanical Engineering or drafting preferred.
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35840BR