Flowserve Corporation Manager, Human Resources in Mendoza, Argentina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This HR Manager Business Partner position is responsible for aligning the local Director GM Operations located in Mendoza, Argentina to enterprise strategies to achieve his business goals, with a focus on talent. This position will drive talent cycle concepts into business decisions and work closely with the Latin America Regional HR Director and the Business Partner HR Director to ensure the teams they support deliver business results. The ideal candidate will provide HR consultancy and leadership to the Director GM Operations for the Flowserve's manufacturing sites in Mendoza, Argentina and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (approx. 500 employees).
The position will report to the Latin America Regional HR Director, with matrix reporting to and interaction with the Business Partner HR Director for the Engineering Pumps Operation.
The following are Role Expectations:
· Contribute and have accountability as a key member of the local leadership team to drive the success of the organization.
· Understand the Flowserve business strategy and where the company is going and how HR makes a positive impact.
· Think strategically, anticipate challenges and address issues that benefit the organization, enhance the organization or resolve potential problems.
· Know the leadership team, its operating context, the business finances, and the talent, both internal and external, and use data to identify trends to make recommendations to leaders.
· Establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders and clients within the matrix organization.
· Lead the implementation of talent strategies that address known leadership and organizational capability gaps to achieve long term business strategy and near term business priorities.
· Develop and achieve annual execution plans, including headcount plans, using the Talent Cycle framework.
· Drive the annual Talent Cycle program development priorities.
· Coach and advise local/ functional leadership to develop individual and team competencies and behaviors.
· Hold leaders accountable to ensure that individuals enter, move up, across, or out of the organization in a way that benefits the team as well as the organization as a whole and achieves talent priorities.
· Influence business leadership to and promote talent differentiation while ensuring timely and candid performance feedback to employees.
· Guide local leadership to support and explicitly link culture change targets to achieve measurable business impact, including identification of high impact behaviors at performer and leadership levels.
· Help leadership to understand its role, individually and collectively, as “consequence providers” who encourage or discourage desired culture; align leadership practices to accelerate and sustain culture change gains.
· Support the FLS change initiatives and know how to gain commitment for change.
· Be a role model for positive cultural attitude.
· Be a leader among peers. Develop an HR team culture where initiative thrives, accountability is owned and team members are fully engaged.
· Practice and demonstrate a high level of technical HR knowledge, skill and expertise, including legal, theory and tools.
· Partner with peers and HR Director Business Partners to share and leverage best practices that can be applied on a broader scale for greater impact.
· Leverage internal and when appropriate, external resources to up-skill self and leadership teams.
· Collaborate with Regional HR Directors and HR Director Business Partners to advance role specific capability, effectiveness, and impact.
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree a plus, Human Resources degree or Business degree preferred.
10+ years of progressive Human Resource experience is required with a minimum of 5 years as a Manager Business Partner in international manufacturing companies as an HR generalist, talent planner, leadership coach, and change agent.
Experience with Union relations and negotiations and bargain agreements is required.
Fully Bilingual English-Spanish.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop people.
• Experience in manufacturing environment is required.
• Team oriented with excellent communication skills.
• Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess strong analytical skills, and be computer literate.
• Solid knowledge of local labor laws.
- Key Target Competencies:
• Team Player
• Business Partner
• Oriented to results
• Customer focus to support business strategies
• Proactive in developing HR strategies to address local needs
• Pro-active and able to act locally and collaboratively, while implementing and reinforcing global HR principles and programs
• Able to link Human Resources strategy to business outcomes
• Self-motivated with a high energy level, and the ability to act and make collaborative decisions.
The ideal candidate for this position should present a good balance of the following critical competencies:
· Find Solutions
· Influence Others (and display courage)
· Think Strategically
· Drive Results
· Operate Effectively
· Know Your Business
· Adapt to Change
· Set Direction
· Inspire Others
· Collaborate With Others
· Serve Customers
· Develop Talent
Job Posting Category Human Resources
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 10%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Req ID 35458BR