Flowserve Corporation General Manager (GM) Operations in Newark, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As part of our exceptional aftermarket offering, we have a number of Quick Response Centres located around to world to ensure we are able to respond to virtually every need our customers have in the quickest, most efficient way possible. The role of General Manager – Operations, has just arisen within our busy Quick Response Centre in Newark. Reporting into the Director & GM UK & Scandinavia Aftermarket Operations, this role will be responsible for the management of 42 people within the Newark QRC in the delivery a variety of functions including repair and inspection services through to equipment lifecycle management.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and/or relevant experience within related industry including knowledge of industry practices & standards.
• Experience within rotating equipment/pump’s industries is highly desirable.
• Proven experience in delivering change management projects.
• Proven experience of managing large and complex departments.
• Extensive Project/Business management experience, preferably previous customer facing experience.
• Budget management, profit and loss accountability.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement/processes improvement techniques (Lean, 6S etc).
• Ability to manage all operational functions through department heads where applicable.
• Able to create and implement profitable growth strategies.
• Can effectively instruct, direct, motivate, supervise and monitor the performance of all members of the allocated team.
• Will develop the people in the operations, identify and provide training and all that is necessary for them to achieve their potential.
• Ensure the highest standard of quality is maintained throughout the service network.
• Ensure processes and systems are in place and maintained to provide reliability and confidence with regard to meeting on-time delivery targets.
• Provide good commercial management of the business, minimising and eliminating risk
• Create and develop an environment of continuous improvement where standards are continually challenged and where performance targets can continually be raised.
• Develop annual budgets from sales through to local EBIT and manage the businesses to the budget.
• Ensure the active management of debtors.
• Timely reporting on and management of departmental budget.
• Actively review internal processes and procedures to ensure that they meet corporate and legislative requirements and initiate improvements where required.
• Able to take overall responsibility for plant design and layout, having particular regard to obtaining optimum use of space and production workflow (6s, Lean etc.).
• Overall production responsibility for conformance to corporate standards and legislative requirements, including Health & Safety, Environmental standards etc.
• To be familiar with the environmental aspects and impacts of the activities and processes involved in the role and the procedures, practices and measures to manage the impact.
• To be familiar with the risks and hazards within the activities and processes of the role and procedures, practices and measures in place to mitigate the risks.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 15%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country Great Britain
Req ID 35453BR