Flowserve Corporation Coordinator in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The position will be located at the Flow Control Operations (FCO) Quick Response Center (QRC) in Pasadena, Texas.
The Planner's primary function involves planning and scheduling to execute the production plan of valve repairs and meet customer deliveries. The department reviews quoted price, bills of material, and determines the most profitable way of fulfilling demands to prepare products for production.
The associate assists in the quotation process, creates work orders, and assists purchasing in ordering materials. Planners will engage in all aspects of QRC planning including new valves, parts, repair, automation, and field services.
The planning department coordinates with marketing, engineering, purchasing, sales, and manufacturing to ensure all customer expectations are met. This planner will deal with a variety of products both locally engineered and internationally.
The Planner will engage in inventory stocking decisions, make/buy set ups and Oracle MRP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Job creation, cancellation, and reschedule accounting for material and capacity on a daily basis
• Communicate with internal/external customers daily with regard to order status and expedite requests.
• Provide realistic schedule for valve release within production window
• Ensure work orders are released and sent to the shop on a daily basis
• Review inventory levels for increasing turns and put forth processes to reduce slow-moving inventory
• Review, create and release orders and valve packets to meet customer deliveries.
• Process BOM changes for orders in production
• On a daily basis, recognize and change make/buy decisions to reduce lead times and increase profit.
• Work with factory daily to become an expert within the product and its manufacturing process.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION:
High School Diploma required, Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
3-5 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment as a planner or coordinator
Working MRP knowledge with Oracle, Sap, and or Great Plains
MS Office Applications Experience
Ability to present effective information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the company.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be willing to work overtime hours, especially during plant outages and scheduled turnarounds on weekends & holidays as required.
Ability to work in a team atmosphere
Background in industrial manufacturing.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Distribution, Business or equivalent
Experience in control valves, valve automation, and instrumentation.
Strong Organizational skills and Detail Oriented
Understanding of the CIP process
Working MRP Knowledge
Microsoft Office Applications Experience (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
Understanding of Interdepartmental Interactions
Knowledge of Applicable Flowserve Parts and Valves
Understanding of the Manufacturing and Assembling of Parts and Valves
Knowledge of the Flow of the Materials throughout the Shop
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 37058BR