Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Field Service Site Technician is the site liaison with the customer. This role will perform troubleshooting and repair on all Flowserve products, with specific focus on the Valtek and Kӓmmer control products. The FSST will also train customer/end-user on use and maintenance of products. This position impacts very heavily on future sales for Flowserve since prompt, efficient service is one of the most effective sales tools.
The Field Service Technician duties / responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Ability to influence customers and drive more purchasing decisions in favor of Flowserve product line.
• Strong people and relationship skills and the ability to build partnerships and collaborate with all levels.
• Troubleshoot, repair and assist customers with service issues with Kämmer and Valtek products in a quick, professional, and cost effective manner.
• Work or interface with instrumentation and control engineers and electricians on site during commissioning and start-up of Valve Actuators.
• Create a detailed service report clearly describing work performed on site and including all relevant information such as order & serial numbers of units worked on, pictures, control systems, details of work performed, environmental information, parts used, etc.
• Carry out pre-inspections of all Control valves destined to the specific customer.
• Perform all functions in a safe manner.
• Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION:
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
• 5 - 6 years’ of field service experience.
• 3 – 5 years’ of Flowserve Control Valve experience
• Operate hand power tools and measurement tools.
• Must be willing to work overtime hours, especially during plant outages and scheduled turnarounds on weekends & holidays as required.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, valve automation, and instrumentation.
• Previous experience in sales.
• Ability to read/interpret pneumatic schematics to tube valves correctly.
• Possess basic computer skills.
• Microsoft Office Applications Experience (i.e.: Excel, Word, etc.).
• Hands-on mechanical and electrical repair of valves and valve operators.
• Knowledge of electricity and electronics
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to read and understand schematics, wiring diagrams, and overall system drawings.
• Experience with the use of Process meter/4-20mA, Loop Tester, Signal Generator and Power Analyzer.
• Familiarity with industrial network protocols (HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, Modbus based protocols)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter and capable of working without much supervision.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 10%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35101BR