Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Field Service Technician is the site liaison with the customer. This role will perform troubleshooting and repair and travel to customer sites to repair equipment, provide startup assistance, installation of new equipment, and customer training, as required. FST will tear down and repair pumps, when not traveling. This position impacts very heavily on future sales for Flowserve since prompt, efficient service is one of the most effective sales tools.
The Field Service Technician's duties include, but not limited to:
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment at customer site
•Troubleshoot fieldbus network problems, safety circuits, and sequence
• Analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals such as NFPA, NEC & OSHA
• Convert between standard and metric dimensions and values
• Pump and system start-up assistance
• Recognize manufacturing and/or engineer errors and be able to make recommendations for corrections and improvements. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Coordinate and supervise site installations of new equipment (component assembly, installation, alignment, leveling)
• Interpret machine and system layout drawings to include electrical schematics, P&ID’s and wiring diagrams
• Start-up and commission new SIHI equipment at site
• Prepare and perform customer training on equipment installation and operation
• Tear-down and repair pumps in SIHI facility, when not traveling.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices to ensure workstation is clean, orderly and free of safety hazards.
• Comply with all SIHI company policies & procedures; SIHI health & safety policies & procedures and any Occupational Health & Safety legislation, as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of electrical wiring experience with assembly, metal removal and/or testing equipment and systems.
• Working knowledge and experience with performing controls set up tasks.
• Working knowledge of basic mechanical assembly and piping installation.
• Understand the requirements and safety aspects related to high voltage feeds and distribution.
• Skilled in the use of light machine shop equipment including but not limited to, cut off saw, drill press, and belt sander. • Familiar with Canbus, Modbus, Profibus and simple I/O communications
• Operate hand power tools and measurement tools.
• Must be willing to work overtime hours, especially during plant outages and scheduled turnarounds on weekends & holidays as required.
• Able to travel 50 – 70% of the time – also thru weekends and holidays.
• 1-2 years’ mechanical experience preferred.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 70%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 35814BR