Flowserve Corporation Application Engineers Manager in Port Arthur, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Manager of Application Engineers leads and influences a regional team of Application Engineers who provide technical and reliability engineering support to our strategic customers in the oil & gas, chemical industries. The Manager will also work closely with end-user sales teams to develop growth opportunities, leverage all of Flowserve’s products and services, and insure the development and execution of strategic world class Life Cycle Advantage (LCA) programs.
Manager of Application Engineers duties include, but not limited to:
• Manage a group of Application Engineers who are located in inside our Quick Response Service Center and customer sites, lead the team to high levels of employee engagement, technical excellence, and customer satisfaction.
• Be the “Ambassador” of best practices and ensure your teams are continually developing and executing world class best practices and programs in an effort to differentiate Flowserve from its competitors.
• Convey a sense of contagious passion for the work and inspire commitment to the vision and strategic direction of the organization.
• Have a Customer First attitude that permeates through the team and throughout the organization. Be the advocate for the customer within Flowserve, acting as a liaison with sales engineers, customer service, and manufacturing
• Work alongside the AEs on task: Assist the sales team and customers in decisions regarding repairs, upgrades, and new equipment for specific industrial applications. Provide technical guidance about installation and operation of our products. Troubleshoot technical problems at our customers’ sites and in-house at Flowserve’s Quick Response Centers
• Oversee the AEs’ projects with an eye for best practices. These projects require both mathematical and hands-on approaches resulting in independent evaluation, such as failure analysis reports, product performance reports, recommendations for upgrades, etc.
• Effectively lead the AEs to ensure that Flowserve meets and exceeds commitments to customers in our LCA program. Insure Flowserve demonstrates value to our customers on all key agreements. Actively engage in corrective action where we are falling short.
• Be the technical point-of-contact for key LCA accounts. Champion new LCA agreements by coordinating the transition from contract negotiation to execution.
• Evaluate and implement appropriate new processes and standard operating procedures within the organization to insure contract commitments including revenue targets, operating margins and strategic objectives are being achieved.
• Facilitate problem-solving discussions effectively, with a collaborative approach and a mastery of problem-solving tools and methods
• Insure that the AEs maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, and organized files
• Manage the team effectively, insuring that it has the right people and resources for success. Post jobs, conduct interviews, and hire direct reports and student interns as necessary
• Be a mentor for the career growth of the AEs, and place a high priority on developing technical and business skills.
• Evaluate AEs’ performance; reward successes, and take remedial actions as needed. Complete mid-year and annual performance reviews.
• BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree required
• 5+ years relevant experience required in the field of pumps, mechanical seals, and rotating equipment is required, with previous supervisory and/or team leadership experience highly desired
• Extensive knowledge of the design, selection, materials, and operational requirements of rotating equipment, mechanical seals, and related equipment required
• Operational knowledge and experience within the refinery and chemical plant industries is required
• Must have a demonstrated track record of leading, managing and mentoring large teams regarding engineering analysis and best practices
• Must demonstrate a collaborative leadership style that removes obstacles and promotes teamwork
• Must exhibit good organizational skills, with the ability to calmly prioritize competing priorities to meet specific high-visibility deadlines and requirements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, projecting a strong customer focus and a positive corporate image
• Strong self-motivated, willingness to learn, assertive, positive attitude and work ethic.
• Computer savvy with the ability to learn proprietary systems, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
• Able to travel locally using personal vehicle, with some overnight travel required
• Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, and climbing ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities)
Background in LCA programs, End-User Application Engineering and/or Sales experience with a proven track record of success.
Experience in coaching and directing others
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Application Engineers Manager
Primary Posting Location:
Port Arthur, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: