Flowserve Corporation Affinity Database Engineer in Santa Clara Coatitla, Mexico
The position will act as an integral member of a global team tasked with furthering the strategic deployment of Affinity, the Company’sproprietary CPQ (Configure Price Quote) Software for pumps. The software and team are key to achieving primary business objectives by enabling fast, accurate, and competitive quotations for customers across a broad pump product portfolio.The selected candidate will manage the inclusion and enhancement of technical product information within the database to ensure the Affinity software enables customer-facing success through the Company’s global order acquisition and sales organizations.Incumbent will work under the direction of the resident system expert and receive Affinity toolkit training.
• BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology
• Experience with CPQ software (Configure Price Quote)
• Pump or other rotating equipment experience is required
• Familiarity with sales, pump applications, customer pump specifications is a plus.
• Self-motivated, good attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and excellent organizational skills are required.
• Ability to use logic based software, applications, build data tables, and manage data.
• Understand mechanical engineering concepts in order to interpret the mathematical and hydraulic principals of pumps.
• Be able to recognize any deficiencies in the current pump selection program, address database errors, and make improvements as required.
• Ability to seek out and interpret engineering data, material data, pump hydraulics and application specification details.
• Be able to recognize when the previously stored engineering data may be in error.
• Identify opportunities and mechanisms to improve the end user experience and business outcomes accomplished through the software.
• Partner across a global team to achieve group objectives and milestones.
• Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain and Sales for information database up keep.
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 36922BR