Flowserve Corporation Attorney in Santa Clara, Mexico
The position requires a thorough understanding of contract management and overall risk assessment. The individual is expected to manage the contract process as it affects the proposal process, contract acceptance, warranty and other contractual liability issues. The position will be heavily involved in negotiations on terms and conditions and other issues related to contract management. S/He must be able to deal with complex risk models while minimizing and agreeing to acceptable risk profiles.
· Licensed attorney with strong knowledge of Contract Law.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant position with an international manufacturing company or EPC contractor (preferably US company) or the like.
· Bilingual Spanish/English language skills are a must.
· Experience with domestic and international contracts, commercial sales contract negotiations, management and dispute resolution.
· Knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code, UN Convention on the Sale of Goods and UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Law.
· Previous experience in compliance, ideally with large US-based or multinational manufacturing or industrial companies.
· Experience in working and liaising with external counsel as needed and directed by manager.
· Highly motivated self-starter, a team-player, and have strong
leadership and time management skills
· Solid business sense with mature judgment, integrity,
flexibility and stability. Proven background in successful customer interface.
· Strong communication skills and attention-to-detail are
essential. Excellent customer orientation and proven ability to work cross
functional (with teams such as Compliance, Finance, Tax, Procurement, etc.), as
well as externally with customers and consultants.
· Skill to manage conflicting priorities and be able to work under
pressure by adjusting priorities as needed under changing conditions with the
ability and confidence to make independent decisions.
The ideal candidate is highly flexible, proactive, comfortable with
large amounts of information and documentation, adept at managing expectations,
and able to set and adjust priorities as needed while working with sales and
other internal organizations as well as customers under great pressure for on
time delivery of a high quality work product.
The successful candidate will be responsible for complex contractual negotiations within the Global Operations Legal Contracting Group, with a special focus in Mexico (primary focus) and Latin America and Spain (secondary focus) . S/He will create, review, edit, coordinate and/or negotiate a wide range and number of agreements (including, but not limited to; Sale of Goods & Service, Real Property Leases, Dispute Settlements, Procurement, Development and Consulting agreements) for the Company. S/He will manage contract revisions and updates and ensure compliance with corporate policy; while assisting in resolving day-to-day contract-related issues with both customers and individual
manufacturing facilities. S/He will develop a working relationship with Business Integrity & Compliance (BI&C) professionals to receive training and understand expectations as a model gatekeeper for FLS’ interests. Act as an interface between BI&C, Legal and the Business Operations by timely escalating potential compliance issues, reinforcing strict compliance with applicable laws and regulations and supporting BI&C initiatives, including investigations. Travel for this position is expected to be 20-30%. This position will be based in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Experience in the Power, Oil/Gas, Petrochemical and Industrial
fields a plus.
- Experience in working and interacting with state-owned companies
in Mexico and Latin America is a plus.
- Additional experience in dealing with FPCA, UK Anti Bribery Act, and other similar regulations and experience in assisting with compliance-related investigations is a plus.
Job Posting Category:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Santa Clara, MX
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Auto req ID: