Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This role is primarily in charge of:
Ø Tactical: Coordination and standardization of the mid long terms Parts business activities: LTA, BPA, SPIR (incl. SAP) Initiatives actively supported by local quoting resources and, when required, by remote resources (i.e. GTEC, IPOP, etc)
Ø Strategic: Support from design stage up to implementation and execution stage of the Regional Parts Com Ops Initiatives ad strategies for the specific Region while ensuring global standardization and alignment
Current Identified Initiatives, in addition to those which will be defined in the future, are:
Global Parts Model
Global Parts Forecasting process and Definition of Analytics
Global Parts Procedures and Policies
Global Pricing Methodology
Identify and design specific improvement or corrective initiatives upon specific needs of the local Regional Leadership or based on regional metric performances
While being actively focused on support above task within the APAC Region, this role will be responsible to grant global standardization among different regions under Global Parts Com Ops Org.
This role is expected to build solid relations and interaction with APAC Regional Parts Team Members as well external stakeholders both at regional and global level.
This role other than being Parts Com Ops representative member in the AMSS ComOps Excellence team for Parts Strategies, the position also need to ensure constant interaction with different functions, mainly with, Business Intelligence, Sales, Global and Regional Leadership which is key for the success of the position as well it is partnering with the varying quotation hubs to identify and drive process improvements.
Availability to adequate travel activity within and outside the Region is essential to establish and maintain excellent networking relations to be successful in the scope
· On-board, train, develop and engage associated Resources to support a sustainable team model. Develop talent for bench strength and individual abilities to proactively promote parts offers.
· Able to operate in a matrix environment and lead without direct authority
· Lead wisely and with commitment, discipline and passion, while exhibiting exemplary behaviors at all times. Serve as an advocate for integrity and ethics while promoting trust and setting a positive leadership example that energizes others about the future and engage employees.
· Lead and Manage daily tactical efforts within a team, to drive results
· Pump Parts Com. Ops focus
· Commercial drive with specific relation to Pump Parts Quotation process
· Strong communication skills: able to communicate directly with different Ops and Com Ops Stakeholders (Senior level)
· Ability to make things happen across different functions within the Operations / Platforms
· Ability to prioritize and proactively complete tasks across Organizations
· To be able to work within a team
· Good Communications and Interpersonal Skills (speaking writing);
· English proficiency; additional language other than native is a plus;
· Commercial and/or Technical Bachelor’s degree
· Sales and or Pump Parts Ops Background is a plus
· Product and Processes Knowledge à Internal Flowserve Candidate is a great plus
· Application Knowledge
· Commitment on results
· Deep knowledge of main IT application tools
· Good proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Power Point)
· Availability to travel when required (from medium to high)
· International mind set
· Basic knowledge of centrifugal pumps and/or rotating equipment, material specifications, metallurgy, inventory control, estimating knowledge and a general understanding of the sales cycle.
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 20%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 36129BR