Flowserve Corporation Manager, Commercial Operations in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Commercial Operations Manager is responsible for leading all Commercial Operations efforts related to our Aftermarket offerings as applicable. This leadership role will ensure that all Commercial Operations activities such as opportunity management, policies enforcement, statistical analysis, contracts T&C review and standardization are applied across all applicable entities while collaborating closely with relevant stakeholders. In addition to customer facing leadership activities, the position requires strong technical expertise, and business acumen as well as extensive breadth of knowledge related to aftermarket offerings. This position reports to the Commercial Operations Regional Director.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of quoting resource and/or comparable sales/customer facing experience within the aftermarket/end-user organization preferred, lead or management experience.
• Able to operate in a matrix environment and lead without direction authority.
• Experience in a leading and instructional working style which has encouraged team oriented process, values communication, participation and involvement of others with management of employees.
• Highly organized with proven leadership skills and the ability to achieve objectives and instruct on the process with minimal direction.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail and process oriented mindset with results driven background.
• Knowledge on Seals & Systems with understanding of the Seal application & Types.
• Have a clear understanding of life cycle cost and market principles and the ability to create value added proposals that differentiate Flowserve product offerings against traditional first cost approach.
• Have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
• Some travel will be required.
• Lead and manage a team of quoting resources in the consistent generation of high quality, on time, value priced aftermarket proposals, as well as clean order transfers.
• Ensure process compliance related to customer facing policies and procedures (e.g. SAP, AM Portal, V-N, T’s & C’s, etc.)
• Engage in the creation and implementation of best practices aimed at improving the acquisition and execution of aftermarket business, while using your expertise to develop others.
• Enhance performance by analyzing and measuring performance metrics to ensure that resources are effectively utilized and optimized, while managing workload across the team.
• Coordinate and interface with Sales, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Supply Chain, and other functional stakeholders within the sub-region to ensure effective collaboration and clear communication, drive development of sales strategy early in process.
• Manage expenses for your area of responsibility while ensuring resources are utilized effectively across the sub-region, participate in assisting the director with department budget setting and monitoring.
• Enhance process compliance related to application of tools, customer facing policies and procedures.
• Lead wisely and with commitment, discipline and passion, while exhibiting exemplary behaviors at all times. Serve as an advocate for integrity and ethics while promoting trust and setting a positive leadership example that energizes others about the future and engage employees.
• Knowledge of Flowserve’s portfolio of aftermarket offerings and related equipment solutions is a plus
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 35126BR