Flowserve Corporation Training Specialist in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Basic Purpose: Training and administering training programs for customers, employees, & distributors in theory and maintenance of pumps and mechanical seals commonly used in power plants, refineries, chemical plants, pipelines, mining facilities, & water distribution facilities.
• Bachelor/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• Thorough understanding of pump and mechanical seal theory and application experience (e.g., equipment selection, sizing)
• Thorough understanding of pump and mechanical seal installation and operation and knowledge of Flowserve pump and seal products
• Basic knowledge of process machinery typically used in power plants, refineries, chemical plants, pipelines, mining facilities, pharmaceutical plants, and water distribution facilities.
• Ability to provide a learning atmosphere to students of both technical and non-technical backgrounds
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle a substantial workload
• Willingness to travel up to 30%.
• Computer literature – working knowledge of using e-mail, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Minimum ten years of experience in the field troubleshooting problems relating to pumps and mechanical seals and their failure analysis Pluses
• Basic knowledge of course instructional design
• Training experience
• Ability to develop customer relationships
• Deliver training in theory, application, maintenance, and troubleshooting of pumps, mechanical seals and mechanical sealing systems. This training is to be delivered to classes of 12-20 people at a Flowserve Training Centre or a Flowserve classroom, or a customer site, throughout the Asia Pacific region.
• Administering the Asia Pacific (AP) Rotating Equipment Specialist (RES) Program and other training requirements including the scheduling of courses, logistics of courses and monitoring training statistics for AP sales Engineers throughout the region.
• Supporting the RES program in the Region including the translation of training materials to meet local requirements.
• Work with employees in Flowserve to determine course needs for customers and training requirements for internal personnel.
• Determine course needs and enhance/update courses with the latest pump and mechanical seal technical innovations and innovative teaching aides.
• Work with Corporate Training Centre to develop new courses as needed.
• Act as a resource for other trainers when questions arise.
• Other duties as assigned
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 35%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 35842BR