Flowserve Corporation Human Resources Representative in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Our Springville, UT manufacturing facility has immediate need for a talented Human Resources Specialist, responsible for the delivery and execution of HR programs and policies at the site as well as providing day-to-day HR support for people managers. Working closely with Flowserve Centers of Expertise and North American Regional Service Delivery, this position contributes to resolution of more complex issues HR issues requiring professional-level consulting and decision making skills.It also collaborates with HR Business Partners to ensure workforce planning and human capital management initiatives specific to the site are deployed locally.
HR Process/Practice Leader:
Partner with people leaders and employees to fully implement HR practices and policy to ensure FLS values are maintained and HR strategy is advanced.
Execute talent acquisition strategies/processes to meet needs of supported operations.
Provide professional-level training and coaching to individuals and teams using developed FLS processes and tools.
Coach people leaders supported in daily application and development of leadership competence required to effectively manage their direct reports and teams.
a. Facilitate college recruiting, apprentice, and other early career talent acquisition programs designed to meet future talent demands of business. Support COEs in broader Company branding and diversity recruiting initiatives.
b. Manage requisition workflow including accuracy/quality of position descriptions, appropriate titling/leveling assignment, and overall data accuracy.
c. Partner with talent acquisition resources to fill open positions with high-quality candidates; support the hiring process via interviews, offer generation/approval, and escalation of hard-to-fill
d. Develop hiring manager capabilities in selection tools/processes to enable the best hiring decisions possible. Contribute to selection process for managerial/other key hiring decisions.
e. Support integration of new associates related to mergers/acquisitions in area of responsibility.
a. Coach employees and managers on performance/personnel issues and dispute resolution.
b. Approve written employee actions including performance improvement plans and progressive disciplines; seek additional review from Center of Expertise and Legal as needed.
c. Investigate complaints related to disciplinary actions, discrimination,harassment and workplace violence; protect confidentiality and sensitivity of investigation details. Engage in other investigations as directed by Ethics & Compliance function.
d. Support site-level employee engagement initiatives including survey participation; drive employee and manager accountability for plans to monitor and improve engagement.
e. Provide initial counsel to managers regarding compensation (e.g., pay adjustment, promotion, etc.) and benefits requests (e.g., expatriate relocation/perquisites); escalate to the appropriate HR and business leaders for final approval.
a. Counsel Managers on deployment of CPP process, and influence improved compliance and effectiveness.
b. Ensure compliance with Performance Culture objectives, actively encouraging robust performance differentiation with supported managers.
c. Deliver COE-supplied training content specified by Corporation, or other programs as directed in support of approved location/platform initiatives.
The successful candidate MUST have the following:
• University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree not required but preferred.
• 5+ Years of progressive HR Experience in professional-level assignment with responsibility for directly counseling/coaching people managers
• Prior experience in a large manufacturing environment offering exposure to the complexity of advanced manufacturing and supporting global HR systems.
• Demonstrated strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
The successful candidate should also be able to:
• Take personal responsibility to deliver on customer commitments and ensure customer problems are solved.
• Foster an environment where resources and processes are aligned to meet HR customer needs.
• Describe HR information in terms others can easily understand.
• Work to reduce unnecessary conflict, but does not shy away from surfacing problems that must be resolved.
• Develop plans for major programs or initiatives to help keep things organized and on track.
• Be able to handle multiple activities at the same time, dealing with a very fast pace and complexity without getting flustered. Accept and adapt quickly to changes as well as new situations/requirements.
Our preference is that the ideal candidate should have a good balance of the following competencies:
• Finding Solutions
o Problem Solving
o Decision Making
• Operating Effectively
o Work Prioritization
o Continuous Improvement
• Serving Customers
o Takes Ownership
o Ensures Timelines
o Delivers Quality
• Influencing Others
o Social Awareness
o Communicates Effectively
o Displays Courage
Job Posting Category Human Resources
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 10%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35628BR