Flowserve Corporation Instrument Technician in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Position Summary (Why this job exists, who are the customers, and what are the expectations):
This position is responsible to support aftermarket activities associated with digital products produced in the FCD controls sector. The Support Technician will provide global support for digital products, troubleshoot customer installation problems on the phone as well as analyze failure modes of these electro-pneumatic devices on the bench including processing of RGA’s. Accumulation / analysis of failure mode data and recommendation of documentation and product upgrades are also in the scope of this position.
Job Duties: This section describes the principle responsibilities of the position
· Provide professional, competent support services to remote Flowserve operations, sales representatives and customers.
· Work with customers and field service technicians to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair digital positioner problems.
· Process RGA’s for digital positioners including troubleshooting and repair.
· Help write, review and implement quality procedures associated with this product.
· Develop customer satisfaction assurance processes to ensure customer needs are met in a proactive and consistent manner.
· Understand the associated national, international and industrial standards related to hazardous locations and for intrinsically safe and explosion-proof products.
· Develop on-line digital products troubleshooting protocols.
· Implement programs for collection of data to be analyzed for continuous ongoing quality improvement.
· Resolve installation and operation field problems associated with digital positioner products.
Each individual should become familiar with the safety regulations, and take personal responsibility for following them to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of their coworkers.
It is the responsibility of each employee, within their job responsibilities, to provide quality products, documentation, services, supervision and training, in accordance with Flowserve’s Quality Assurance Manuals, procedures, drawings, regulatory requirements, etc., aimed at achieving sustained organizational success and customer satisfaction.
· Ability to operate diagnostic equipment such as digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes etc.
· Background in theory of digital products operations is desirable.
· Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demeanor and ability to work with a wide variety of customers on the phone.
· Good organizational skills Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Associate's degree (A. A.) in Electronics, or equivalent, from a two-year college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Basic knowledge of electronics is desired.
· Experience with Modbus, Hart and Fieldbus communications is desirable.
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 37071BR