Flowserve Corporation Operations Manager in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Responsible for the machining and assembly of pumps and components ship from the Taneytown facility.
Effectively lead and manage personnel as measured by safety, performance, turnover, and employee development.
Achieve quarterly shipments and operating income.
Meet/exceed on time performance plan to ensure customer satisfaction.
Assure compliance with all ISO procedures.
Manage departmental expenses.
Monitor and report quality performance identifying areas of improvement.
Oversee activities of staff to insure site and division level goals are achieved.
Manage PMP process for reports.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a supervisory/leadership role within a manufacturing environment
· Experience working in a machine shop environment required
· Have sound understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures
· Must be able to multitask and work in a production environment that has multiple product changeovers
· Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills
· Proven experience and application of safety procedures resulting in a safe working environment for employees
- Ability to work in a team oriented and Continuous Improvement environment
· Proven experience in coaching and developing teams ensuring departmental goals of safety, quality, production, and costs are met while maintaining an atmosphere of trust and positive morale.
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 5%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35848BR