Flowserve Corporation Manager, Nuclear Quality Assurance in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
- Customer Quality Assurance liaison representing Flowserve’s Quality Processes and Programs for safety-related and non-safety related nuclear orders.
- Provide technical expertise to the Operations teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs and educate employees.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Support the restructuring (as necessary) of the quality programs supporting the manufacture of both Nuclear safety and non-safety products at key facilities globally.
- Support ISO, NUPIC, NIAC, ASME, and other external audits as necessary for global Flowserve locations and vendors.
- Coordinate with Corrective Action resources to support all phases of the CAR process
- 10+ years related industry experience, combined with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in Quality Assurance program implementations and expansions.
- Prior supervisory/management level experience
- Specific knowledge with ISO9001, 10CFR50 App B, ASME Section III, NQA-1, NCA-3800, NCA-4000, RCCM, KEPIC, 50-C-Q and other QA systems as applicable
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, highly preferred
- Foreign language skill preferred; familiarity with Chinese or Korean culture a plus
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures
- Use of quality engineering methods in inspection
- Oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and superior organizational skills
- PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated teaching / coaching abilities
Job Posting Category Operations
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 25%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Country United States of America
Req ID 37462BR