Flowserve Corporation Master Scheduler in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve Vernon is seeking a Master Scheduler to collaborate with management, operations, purchasing, inventory, and engineering to ensure that orders are properly scheduled and routed through the shop to meet customer deadlines. The Scheduler ensures that dates are in control, and determines if we need to outsource processes and/or work overtime to meet delivery dates. The Scheduler keeps an eye on the availability of manufactured parts, purchased parts, and outside operations to align with Vernon’s shop labor. This position requires a skilled communicator who will keep information updated and flowing through effective face-to-face contact, emails, phone calls, and posted metrics.
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities:
· Create Master Schedules for new projectsutilizing MS Project Professional 2013. In this environment, the MPS consistsof projects tasks for order entry, project management personnel, qualityassurance, engineering, supply chain and manufacturing.
· Ensure core project teams are in alignment withschedules so a project baseline may be established
· Ensure the MPS is aligned with customercontractual delivery date
· Approve or Disapprove all date change requestsafter evaluation of impact to project.
· Approve task re-assignments requested by projectmembers, working with managers/supervisors when necessary
· Track project status relative to baseline andreport discrepancies in a timely manner.
· Collaborate with purchasing, project management,production, and manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate scheduling,procurement, and movement of materials
· Work with planners to ensure work orders in ERPsystem are aligned with the MPS
· Escalates any capacity constraints to OperationDirector and Operation Managers to decide on appropriate actions.
· Utilize a collaborative and consensus approachby working within Flowserve teams to optimize time and ensure ideal executionby other functional areas.
· Lead daily production meetings in which progressof MPS tasks are tracked daily – ensure commitments are met by departmentsupervisors
· Be a key player driving operational and costefficiencies through scheduling.
· Collaborates with planning to establish safety stocklevels, determine optimal production run sizes and change-over sequences, andadheres to defined lead times for products supplied from responsible locations.
· Proactively identify risks and manage issues;create mitigation plans with project management team and status reports.
· Assesses capacityand ability to meet order deadlines for different production jobs
· Detail oriented, highly organized, and able tomultitask.
· Apply proven project management techniques,methods and tools in.
· Understands Lean and/or Six Sigma concepts
· Develop collaborative solutions using businessand technical expertise
· Must be a clear and direct communicator.
· Previous experience implementing process and/orleading process improvement initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to drive CIP initiatives
Required Education & Qualifications:
BS/BA degree in Industrial/ Mechanical Engineering, Business, Logistics, Operations, Planning or related fields is required with at least 5-7 years of professional scheduling/planning experience in a manufacturing environment, with expert level in MS Project.
Experience utilizing an MRP/ERP system.Experience with Oracle preferred (Planning, Production, and Warehousetransactions), Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Strong planning, scheduling and negotiation skills.
Ability to implement schedule management processconsistent with customer requirements and internal processes and best practices
Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent communication skills, both written andverbal are necessary to effectively present information and respond toquestions from managers and co-workers
PMP certification highly preferred
APICS certification a plus.
Experience working with customers in the oil and gas, power, and chemical industries, preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: