Flowserve Corporation Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs Program Manager in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs Program Manager is responsible for developing and implementing methods, procedures, systems, devices, regulations and standards directed toward the cultivation of a safe and healthy work environment. Key responsibilities include:
· Develop, implement and monitor comprehensive safety processes, training programs and management practices to eliminate all accidents in the workplace and meet all applicable safety rules and company policy. Responsibilities to include: EPA, OSHA, ergonomics, machine guarding, hazard communication, powered industrial vehicles, electrical safety, fire protection, general safety programs & emergency preparedness.
· Plans, implements and monitors the day-to-day operations for the Vernon Facility’s training schedule, including analyzing operating data and reports, monitoring adherence to standards to ensure business plan objectives are met or exceeded.
· Identify and interpret regulatory standards that impact operational exposures and business activities and guide needed plans to ensure compliance.
· Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive environmental processes and management practices to meet all applicable environmental rules and company policy requirements. Responsibilities to include but not limited to: waste water discharge, solid waste disposal, hazardous waste handling, storage, and disposal, air emissions, spill prevention control and countermeasures, storm water national pollutant discharge elimination system, and ozone depleting substances.
· Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices, developing practices and programs to correct or reduce their occurrence.
· Communicates Safety and Environmental goals and successes; provides relevant reports and analyses to ensure appropriate decision-making as it applies to safety and training. Completes special project assignments as needed.
· Reviews and analyzes company accidents and historical claim experience to identify frequency or severity problems and loss trends. Conduct improvement projects based on findings to improve overall employee health and safety.
· Investigates and responds to employee safety concerns, unemployment claims, and workers’ compensation claims to provide high quality internal customer service.
· Periodically audits operational procedures and programs related to all aspects of the facility as training is developed and updated.
· Train and coach managers and supervisors on behavior based strategies, accident investigation, hazard identification, self-inspection and employee training.
· Manages assigned trainees, including training, development and validation of performance.
· Attends and coordinates department safety meetings. Leads the Safety Steering Committee.
· Establish a measuring device for safety performance throughout the facility by motivating individual accountability and reinforcing safety as a critical part of the corporate culture.
· Interface with insurer representatives on all post-loss (claim) communication required with adjuster, HR and injured worker. Work with HR for prompt return-to-work of any injured associate.
BS degree in Engineering, Life Science, Safety, or Risk Management from an accredited college or University.
8+ years Industrial Safety experience; industrial machining/manufacturing environment experience is highly preferred.
Detailed knowledge of environmental remediation (including legal requirements, regulatory programs and technologies).
Knowledge of the social sciences, i.e., behavior motivations and communications
Fundamental knowledge of statistics and mathematics
The ability to apply the principals of measurement and analysis is necessary in order to evaluate safety performance
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Ability to interpret standards and regulations to determine the extent to which they apply to company operations
Knowledge of the fire protection and prevention sciences and industrial hygiene
Ability to aggressively and diplomatically pursue and gain the cooperation of all echelons of management to support safety, health and environmental issues
Certification as a Certified Safety Professional is a plus.
Knowledge of LEAN, 5S, Root Cause Analysis is highly preferred.
Experience in determining Root Cause / Corrective Action for Safety related issues.
Environment contains a workforce combining industrial skill sets in welding, machining, assembly, electrical, industrial painting, etc. Previous experience working with these skill sets is preferred.
Ability to manage and motivate employees in a team-based environment
Ability to prepare a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical documents and reports
Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to management, customers, regulatory agencies and other representatives of external organizations
Ability to assist in developing capital improvement cost/benefit analyses and subsequent forms
Ability to work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs Program Manager
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Auto req ID: