Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer in West Chicago, Illinois
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
End User Sales Engineer responsible for working directly with customers in the Mid West area to expand the utilization of Flowserve products and services as well as ensure continued instillation and support of existing products in the field. Responsible for meeting sales quotas and delivering results that meet customer needs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Technical degree
• 5-8 years minimum experience and rotating equipment engineering
• There will be overnight travelling at 30% which is required
• High initiative
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Thorough knowledge of pump hydraulics and design
• Effective, proactive, & strategic sales skills
• Excellent PC skill, including Microsoft Office software
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Assure that FSG’s products, capabilities, and services are promoted and articulated in the marketplace.
Provide timely responses to both internal and external customers.
Ensure quality of engineering/service support at customer sites.
Facilitate sales growth associated with parts, upgrades, and repairs at key customers.
Organize and ensure regular communication with key customers in designated territory.
Coordinate/institute preparation of quarterly updates on progress to yearly objectives.
Identify root cause associated with equipment which is not achieving customer desired reliability.
Participate in and provide guidance for yearly and long term planning process.
Assist in preparing a comprehensive territory and account plan for designated territory.
Actively participate in training requirements to remain current on industry practices and technologies.
Assist in preparation of weekly activity reports and key account strategies to support growth initiatives.
Job Posting Category Sales
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 80%
Remote Worker Yes
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible Yes
Country United States of America
Req ID 35167BR