Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer M/F in Algiers, Algeria
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re
searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve.
As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise
mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in
comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for
professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported
by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control
solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Flowserve is hiring an Application Engineer for North Africa Region.
The candidate will work from Algiers Office, but will hold a regional role with responsibilities outlined below.
· Morocco and Tunisia
· Sporadic support to other French Speaking countries in West Africa region.
The Seal Applications Engineer for Commercial Operations AM is responsible for support of our end-user sales team as related to our Aftermarket offerings. This role involves all customer facing activities related to the order acquisition & Fulfillment process including proposal development, specification and scope review, pricing analysis, and coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, it also involves repair, troubleshooting and hands on activities required in a Seal Repair Center or customer workshop, such us seal inspections, field troubleshooting and making the seal failure analysis report accordingly. In addition to customer facing activities, the position requires a strong commitment to internal improvement of the team, including: development projects, effective communication and collaboration with all group interfaces, and a commitment to expanding team capabilities, as well as technical expertise and breadth of knowledge related to Flowserve's aftermarket offerings.
This position reports to Supervisor of Applications Engineer for Africa, under Manager EMA Seal Commercial Operations.
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with Sales, Operations, and other functional stakeholders to promote the best interests of the company.
· Timely preparation of high quality and proposals within limitations dictated by the customer or manager using designated workload management tools and processes.
· Demonstrate a firm knowledge of Mechanical seals and Seal Systems fundamentals and clear understanding of all Flowserve seal types. Also, demonstrate a fundamental understanding of different rotating equipment applications and types, pump affinity laws and how these relate to pumps and systems.
· Examine & Inspect failed products, providing written and oral explanations to customer. Failure Analysis Reports.
· Participate and assist in start-ups and troubleshooting field related jobs of rotating equipment for seal upgrades, retrofits or bad actors.
· Review all customer inquiry related documents while addressing all relevant technical and commercial requirements to customer and/or sales force.
· Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated workload management tool, while monitoring hit-rate is optimized.
· Lead all coordination efforts on applicable aftermarket quotes/orders while ensuring close collaboration and communication with all applicable stakeholders (different Flowserve departments included) to support order process and assure on-time delivery.
· Utilize designated tools and established processes and procedures.
· Reviews contractual documentation and ensures requirements are understood and reflect what has been negotiated. Identifies Stakeholders and analyzes their expectations. Ensures timely booking and acknowledgement of Customer’s orders according to Flowserve’s policies and procedures.
· Identifies and manages risks as well as handles contingency plans during all project phases. Ensures any change to the contract is documented, approved and addressed in the appropriate manner.
· Organize and Delivery training to stakeholders (customers and sales force).
• Expected Travelling Time: <30% mainly in Algeria 70% but also Morocco 15% and other countries
• Requirement: Mechanical Engineering Degree.
• Arabic Language: Native / Fluent.
• French Language: Fluent.
• English Language: Fluent.
• Strong PC Skills and Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
• Working Experience: from 0 – 3 Years of experience if possible in Oil and gas sector ( Engineering, Field service, maintenance….)
• Work experience in Rotating Equipment and/or Mechanical Seals is a plus.
- You're a team player and you would like to join an energetic team in order to learn and improve your technical skills
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer M/F
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 30%
Primary Posting Location: Algiers, Algeria
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 46394BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.