Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Arnage Cedex, France
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Specialist team is in charge of supporting Sales teams about operation, sales and technical topics, with a real
add-value due to a technical expertise.
• Provide assistance to the sales force, service centers and Customers in developing work scope to solve equipment issues through pump and equipment/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical reports and technical commercial proposals.
• Increase quotation to order ratio for special products.
• Interact with the Engineering team, product engineering, & corporate technology to analyze individual Customer needs. Specify custom “as needed” solutions to optimize the Customer’s process and improve product life.
• Assist with presentations, meetings with travel as needed.
• Manage pump and equipment order process from initial research and proposal to order receipt. Work with customers, suppliers, sales, design and manufacturing to assure on-time delivery of orders. Work to reduce time non value added steps. Assist to work out any issues on new orders to accelerate the entry process.
• Provide field support as a technical center of excellence for the aftermarket pump & equipment product lines, promoting Flowserve technology & application expertise.
• Make recommendations to product engineering, R&D teams to facilitate design of products to meet market needs.
• Engage and mentor application Engineers in training and development of skills.
• Encourage and develop team process with all interface groups
• Review technical data, documents and analytical data to prepared technical solutions in response to Request for Quotes (RFQ’s). Provide timely & accurate assistance to outside sales team, service centers and customers in developing work scope required to solve equipment problems though pump/system/operations modifications & upgrades via technical/commercial proposals.
• Proactively seek opportunities for providing added value to internal and external customer groups, while offering upgrade solutions. Actively assist in developing new program/methods of solving problems and modifying existing product designs to meet customer needs and improve product life.
• Interact with various Flowserve departments and external customers as needed to support the order processing and assure on-time delivery of orders.
• As needed, assist the sales force through customer presentations promoting Flowserve technology & application expertise in a face-to-face setting.
• Support Service Centers in the inspection & analysis of pump elements as required.
• Interact with Contract Administrator teams (CSOA), Product Engineering, & Corporate Technology to determine “as needed” solutions to complicated pump problems.
• Engineer degree in mechanical industry required,
• Minimum 5-10 years experience with rotating equipment required
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Strong commercial skills to support sales when interacting with customer
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge of purchase orders and Customer contracts is a plus
• Solution and customer oriented
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer
Other Posting Location: Ile-De-France, France;
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 55%
Primary Posting Location: Arnage Cedex, France
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 49439BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.