Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· 5+ years of machining experience/or comparable experience within the aftermarket/end-user organization. Must have personal set of tools, micrometers, hand grinders, and roll-around tool box.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to stand for long periods.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and process.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, able to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
· Must be able to work overtime hours including weekends and holidays.
· Computer skills, including MS Office applications.
· Complying with all Flowserve policies and procedures.
· Follow pre-job brief and all check lists prior to machining a part.
· Follows all routers and machining procedures
· Machine parts using manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses
· Ability to work efficiently within fixed time windows for each machining process.
· Ability to hold tolerances within .0005\"Inspect parts using micrometers, gages, etc.
· Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous improvement of the facility
· Ability to machine a variety of metals such as 300 and 400 series stainless steels, Inconel 625 and 718, carbon steel, etc.
· Meet all safety and quality expectations
The Machinist Level 3 will become a member of the Flowserve Quick Repair Center in Baton Rouge, LA. This position will be responsible to machine metal parts and components to repair pumps used in industrial settings, such as refineries and factories.
This position is responsible for setting up and machining parts and components to all pumps and decoking equipment on any machine in our pump shop. The machinist is capable of running horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders and drill presses manually. The machinist follows instruction from a router and machining procedures to perform the machining process, then uses inspection equipment to check dimensions and records the number on the appropriate print and inspection form related to the pump. Ensures all components are properly de-burred, cleaned and free from foreign material following our FME (Foreign Material Exclusion) procedures, and that all forms and documentation are completed prior to releasing the part from the machining department. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
The regular schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 2:30pm. Must be available to provide weekend coverage every third weekend, as needed, in addition to the regular schedule. Must also be available to work 1 week on nights, every 15 weeks (2:00pm-10:00pm Mon-Fri).
· When overtime is required during the regular work week, the schedule is:
o 10-hour day: 6:00am to 4:30 pm as needed
o 12-hour day: 5:00am to 5:00pm as needed
· Regular night shift may be available upon request (2:00pm-10:00pm Mon-Fri).
Primary Posting Location:
Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: