Flowserve Corporation Quick Repair Center (QRC)Engineer in Beaumont, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Quick Response Center (QRC) Engineer provides engineering and technical assistance to QRC personnel, Commercial Operations, Sales Engineers and customers to develop the best possible repair and/or upgrade solutions to aftermarket jobs within the boundaries of responsibility per the applicable procedures. Responsible for providing technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability to concerned parties. The QRC Engineering supports but typically does not perform project fulfillment engineering (job engineering).
QRC Engineer duties include but are not limited to:
· Reviews Disassembly, Cleaning and Inspection (DCI) reports, Customer Specifications/instructions, and develops high level scope of work for QRC jobs when required and in compliance with Flowserve procedures.
· Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards such as weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, hydro test, etc.
· Identify upgrade opportunities and support the generation of technical proposals to support such upgrades. Liaise/collaborate with Engineering Services/Project Engineering when non-generic upgrades/solutions would be opportune/required. Support technical and commercial justification analysis.
· Act as engineering liaison for Project Engineering during order fulfilment phase.
· Accountable for documenting and communicating design changes initiated by the QRC per the applicable procedures and systems.
· Accountable for reviewing and noting/documenting customer’s or 3 rd party changes per the applicable procedures and systems.
· First technical contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
· Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
· Support sales to present Flowserve technical capabilities to Customers
· Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues including but not limited to NCR disposition, supporting machinists and supporting shop mechanics during assembly.
· Provide sketches to facilitate quick repairs.
· Meets the reporting requirement applicable for the role
· Must meet all established QRC safety goals
· Meets Engineering Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Supports Work scope generation cycle in order for the QRC to meet their goals.
· Engineering degree or equivalent and/or 2-5 years related experience
· 2-Dimensional design experience (preferably Computer-Aided Design)
· Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerances
· Effective oral and written communications skills
· Collaborative interpersonal skills
· Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
· Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications
· Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) , and other planning and engineering systems.
· Machine Design Fundamentals
· Fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
· General knowledge of metallurgical requirements & applications
· General knowledge of manufacturing processes
· Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings and manufacturing procedures
· Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding
· Able to work closely with customers (face to face or by telephone); a good verbal and written communicator with a confident and positive manner
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Quick Repair Center (QRC)Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Beaumont, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.